Father in need of simple hairstyles for 4 year old girl.

Superstar
Daps
for flyaways around her edges that u mentioned do this
  • put some conditioner and/or gel around her edges. rub it into the hair so it isn't white (or whatever color the conditioner is)
  • tie a scarf around the edges u just moisturized. if u don't have a scarf I've actually just taken a long sleeved shirt and tied it around my head as a substitute.the scarf should be snugly in place, but not so tight it gives her a headache.
  • let it sit for at least 30 minutes. the longer u let it sit, the longer the hair will stay in place. You might even let her sleep in it.
  • take it off before she's ready for school or daycare.
  • her edges will lay flat all day (well at least for hours since kids play roughly)
PPsL23N.jpg

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I think you should take her to the salon next and put some braids in like @Rawtid said. But at that age, around toddlerhood and early childhood they really tend to not want to sit still long enough. I can't have my baby hair running around looking a hot mess with dust in her hair so I engage her with toys and also left her hair in some French braids since Sunday. That's been a life saver. Also got some hair stuff on sale. My trick has been to wear the same hair style as her because then she'll be okay with it, she's a tough cookie and has too much energy.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you should take her to the salon next and put some braids in like @Rawtid said. But at that age, around toddlerhood and early childhood they really tend to not want to sit still long enough. I can't have my baby hair running around looking a hot mess with dust in her hair so I engage her with toys and also left her hair in some French braids since Sunday. That's been a life saver. Also got some hair stuff on sale. My trick has been to wear the same hair style as her because then she'll be okay with it, she's a tough cookie and has too much energy.
My mom started doing my daughters hair early, like 6 month old lol and did the same thing, engaging her with toys or just scheduling it around nap or bed time so she would just fall asleep. I thank her for that My daughter is 8 now and I have no issue with her sitting down getting her hair done.

Daps
My mom started doing my daughters hair early, like 6 month old lol and did the same thing, engaging her with toys or just scheduling it around nap or bed time so she would just fall asleep. I thank her for that My daughter is 8 now and I have no issue with her sitting down getting her hair done.

Good idea. My baby girl is only 7 months old but I guess at some point I will have to deal with these things.....My daughter has loose curls at the moment though, mixed race.