Father in need of simple hairstyles for 4 year old girl.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My wife had to leave in a hurry about a week ago. She didnt have time to teach me to do her hair. I have 5 more weeks before she comes back.
Everything is cool except for the hair :sadcam:

Both of her grandmothers are in a different state. Can anyone recommend some easy hairstyles that are appropriate for a 4 year old AA girl? My braiding needs work but I can do it. It just takes a long... very long time. I can do two french braids in about 20 mintues to give you an idea.

I've been pulling her hair back in a ponytail or if i'm feeling adventurous, I'll do two afro puffs. :beli:

All I've been able to find with google searches are braids.
I pride myself on being able to learn anything and this past week my daughter has been looking :flabbynsick:. I can't have that. Any help would be appreciated. Unbraided hairstyles would be best but i'm willing to practice braiding.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have some quick styles but I'm trying to find pics since I suck at describing. If all else fails, take her to a salon. Get a simple braided style with no hair added and that should last you for at least 2 weeks. Pay no more than $25.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
If your daughter is natural use these (banana clips).
Banana-Clips.jpg

For a ponytail.

Just wet hair and spread Shea or cocoa butter to lay down fly aways.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If your daughter is natural use these (banana clips).
Banana-Clips.jpg

For a ponytail.

Just wet hair and spread Shea or cocoa butter to lay down fly aways.

I think you just answered my next question. Flyaways are the loose hairs that don't start down I assume. Near her forehead mostly.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for all the help. I feel like I have something to work with. Google searches lead to nothing.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im in the same boat bro. Father of a 4 year old, I can't braid and she won't sit still long enough for me to even try. Naturally curly hair so usually i do the moisturize and go. Google sucks. I would use Curlynikki. That website has been a huge help for me.

Thanks. I don't know why it's so hard to find good websites for black hair. You can search for and find anything no matter how obscure but black hair websites are still a mystery to search engines.