Father Brehs, how long did you enforce tummy time each day with your little one?

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
As much as you can. Just like @KING WILL said I had my son on my chest a lot but momma had him a lot on tummy time. The time is cumulative so even like 30s builds upon each session.

As soon as he had head control I would stand him up in my lap and hold his knees and thights in my hands and kinda force him to use his core to standup. He is 10mos now and starting to control when he kinda sways, even when the wind is blowing against him.

His swaying thing is kinda weird but I caught myself doing it when I couldn't see something in the backyard clearly. Gotta get that extra perspective.

If you can get that core together then that's truly the key I think. If you get legs, I've got big thighs and he got them as well so I wasn't worried about it unlike my core which leaves a lot to be desired.

Also don't mess with those exersaucers or nothing, that can be really weird for the hips. Plenty of people will say it's fine but you don't wanna be the one it's not fine for...

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My son hated tummy time so I never forced it on him like that. Would try a few times per week but we was always :mad:

Edit: I don’t think the lack of tummy time had any negative long terms effects either. My man was able to hold his head up at like two weeks old so I knew then that he was just built different.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
First daughter hated it. Second loved it. First daughter walked at 15 months. Second walked at 13 months.

Get that child on its tummy.

Unfortunately, we are short gang. I’m 5’7 and Wifey is 5’2.
:francis:
I’m thinking soccer, gymnastics, and maybe tennis for them. By the time my girls come of age, all WNBA guards will be 6’0 and over.
Tennis and soccer gonna be a stretch too, better get them into sprinting

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Tennis and soccer gonna be a stretch too, better get them into sprinting
Yeah. I’m hoping they get to 5’6 but I doubt it. I think that’s the cutoff for tennis for sure. Idk about soccer though. Isn’t Messi 5’5.
:mjlol:
Sprinters are that short too?
:dwillhuh:
I know they can get into softball for sure. We will see what they like. They getting exposed to them all. Maybe golf too.
:manny:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah. I’m hoping they get to 5’6 but I doubt it. I think that’s the cutoff for tennis for sure. Idk about soccer though. Isn’t Messi 5’5.
:mjlol:
Sprinters are that short too?
:dwillhuh:
I know they can get into softball for sure. We will see what they like. They getting exposed to them all. Maybe golf too.
:manny:
Yep, lots of short sprinters, the GOAT Shelley Ann is like 5’

Belize King

Daps
Just curious how long we should do tummy time everyday. I’m trying to build a Sheryl Swoopes, Simone Augustus archetype in hopes that her WNBA endorsements can support my post-retirement Ibiza parties and eventual cocaine/MDMA habit.

Also do you recommend manual knee extensions and leg lifts to help strengthen her core and give her an edge over other babies?

:lupe: And does Tyson chicken still have steroids in it? Did it help with early athletic development?

Make sure you record those tummy time videos. Those little heads and big eyes are just a moment in time. Soon they will be runnin around terrorizing everything.

My one year old rips down every book off their bookcase every night before bathtime.
giphy.gif

I call her lil Al Sabaab

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Got 6 kids and it was pretty much up to them.

My oldest hated me when she was a baby, so we had very little tummy time.

My middle boy loved tummy time and i was the only person in the house that was able to calm him down for sleep by using tummy time.

I know the books say to create as much tummy time as you can, but i’d say don’t worry about it. Just be present and do what works for you and the kid.

Belize King

Daps
mines just started track again. WOAT sport to spectate. you're there for 8 hours to watch 30 seconds of action :sadbron:
I ran track in high school so I know.

My god children are doing track for the third year. They made junior nationals the last two. Didn’t place though. Their dad is Ja and mom played college basketball.

I hear their stories and just shake my head. The things we put ourselves through for our children. Last weekend they were there from 8am to 8pm. Boys run 100M, 200M, long jump, and 4X1. You really can’t go back to the hotel room because of all the events and heats. Plus they in Tampa so you know it’s nasty out there. I’m going to have the whole set up if we get to that point.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I ran track in high school so I know.

My god children are doing track for the third year. They made junior nationals the last two. Didn’t place though. Their dad is Ja and mom played college basketball.

I hear their stories and just shake my head. The things we put ourselves through for our children. Last weekend they were there from 8am to 8pm. Boys run 100M, 200M, long jump, and 4X1. You really can’t go back to the hotel room because of all the events and heats. Plus they in Tampa so you know it’s nasty out there. I’m going to have the whole set up if we get to that point.

Breh is it just me or the events always pure CHAOS. there is no schedule I can get my hands on. I can't even sneak off n do dirt cause of it :mad: