Fat Boys were a psyop.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
hip-hop-psyop-unhealthy-old-school-Fat-Boys

Getting on that "Make being a prisoner cool" train early as fukk. Not only that, they promoted unhealthy lifestyle habits to a community already dealing with multiple food issues.

Speak on it.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
hip-hop-psyop-unhealthy-old-school-Fat-Boys

Getting on that "Make being a prisoner cool" train early as fukk. Not only that, they promoted unhealthy lifestyle habits to a community already dealing with multiple food issues.

Speak on it.
Na..

Fat dudes rapping always been a thing, all through the history of hip hop. they were kinda the pioneers of it

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I need yall old nikkas to drop some knowledge about the fat boys

Ima 90s baby and never even heard of these nikkas before

When I was just getting into music, they were bubbling to the top. They were in 2 or 3 movies, which kinda killed their music career because they became a joke after that. My first vinyl was The Fat Boys album pictured in the OP.

Superstar
Daps
I need yall old nikkas to drop some knowledge about the fat boys

I barely even remember any songs. My strongest memory involving them is being mad at my brother when he made me go half on the “Mack Daddy” tape.

I think his mom gave us $5 each and grandma took us to the record store. It was behind a non-descript, green, door at the back of a laundromat. When you walked in there was an elevated glass case full of new tapes and some CD’s. The wall had a lot of bootleg movies and tapes in there too. Would could have gotten anything else but we left with that shyt. He was more of a music head than me, then, anyways. I probably would have just blown my money on candy and caps for my cap gun.

Other than that the fat boys were on TV/movies and pretty well known.

Last edited: