Fargo Season 2 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
IGN gave this ep a 9.8 and AV CLUB gave it an A :patrice:
Eh, I guess you can say last night's episode was a good epilogue. Wanted to see more action but that all went down in the previous ep with the massacre.

Didn't understand why Hanzee gave up on his quest so soon. Okay so he kills the Gerhardt family, cool. Spends all that time chasing down Peggy and Ed and just gives up out of the blue? Becomes the same mob boss that's killed offscreen by Malvo in season one? I still love this season, but man that finale was a bit underwhelming.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Nature Boy Ric Flair after seeing this episode
tumblr_nhbo0ne6cn1qcztrfo2_400.gif

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Mike made it...but then again he didn't :mjcry:

The way he was getting talked to at the end reminded me of the good doctor in Boardwalk Empire when he got locked up. :sadcam:

ETA: Didn't watch the Shield. But people are saying on twitter it was a Vic Mackey moment.
It was definitely a Vic Mackey moment.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed the finale :yeshrug:, but I agree it was mostly catching up on the aftermath of what happened in the penultimate episode.

Reading about what happened to Hanzee had me :ohhh:and the tease at the end with Mr. Wrench and Numbers was nice.

From King Mike Trilligan to Mike the accountant :francis:. At least his gift for gab will in come in handy out on the golf course, bet he always has the best stories. "Well fellas, let me tell you about the time I went face to face with the Undertaker and lived." I hope he at least got the Kitchen brother a job in the mail room or something, he was a loyal henchman.

Poor Ed is working in that butcher shop in the sky now, no more coming home to Hamburger Helper and half dead bodies in the garage :blessed:

Peggy really was a tragic character, her imagining that Hanzee was trying to smoke them out like the scene in the movie :wow:. For all her misplaced dreams and poor decisions, I kinda hope she eventually got to see California whether it was behind a prison wall or not.

I was also happy to see the Solverson clan make it out the finale with all of the family intact. Lou, Hank, Betsy were good people just trying to deal with a world filled with miscommunication and it was nice seeing them being able to have a meal again. When Hank said "You'll recognize the angels when they come because they'll have the faces of your children." Don't even have kids and I was a little :mjcry:.

Well okay then, see you for season 3.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Ed kills the Gerhardt boy and puts him in a freezer.
Ed gets shot and dies in a freezer.

Season begins with an Indian surrounded by dead white cowboys.
Season ends with Hanzee killing off all the white cowboys.

Gerhardt boy gets killed (blindsided) cause he sees a UFO.
Older Gerhardt Bear dies (blindsided) cause he sees a UFO.

:ohlawd:This show brehs.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's true. Mr. Tripoli was the mob boss in season 1. He also used the same quote "head in a bag, message sent".

And the two kids were obviously Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench from season 1.

I know people are pissed about Milligan's end but I thought it was perfect. An old school criminal like him would be a dinosaur in the 80's. Kinda sad how he went out but it's not completely unforeseen.

Kinda odd we didn't see the death or Lou's wife or father in law since they're obviously both dead by season 1. Although the series plays with time so much it's possible we'll see them again in season 3.

I would've liked to see more of each character and how their stories played out but like @Uncle_Ruckus said they pulled a "Game Of Thrones" and used the last ep for house keeping. I ain't mad at it. :manny:

Fred.
We didn't see how he got that limp either