Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
a1510332852_10.jpg

:obama:

@OnlyInCalifornia @hexagram23 @IronFist @MC Metaphysical @The Ruler 09 @Wallychamp @god shamgod @Newark88 @Billy Ocean @White Mike @Big Mel @Lord Mecca @notorious8562 @SunZoo @MrFettuccinePockets @JP_USAF @Ebonic Plague @The Jewnited States @NormanConnors @Walt @Mr. Negative @Monoblock @Higher Tech @SciDARK @TarPitWu @TrifeGod @EA @SmarkMero @Luca-Brazi @homiedontplaydat @Dillah810 @EQ. @Tetris v2.0 @Todd McPiff @TEKBEATZ @StillNotSoft @Ronnie Lott @KILLAKUTT7 @torcher

one of my folks from Jacksonville.. check it out.. :salute:

stop leaving me out :beli:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
How could I have slept on Iman Omari so much? :snoop:

I had Esc Vol. 2 on in my car today and I was at a lost for words :wow:

Jeep Eagles :wow:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
http://www.complex.com/music/2014/03/frankie-knuckles-dead-at-59

Godfather of Chicago House Music Frankie Knuckles Reportedly Dead At 59

BY DAVID DRAKE | MAR 31, 2014 | 10:46 PM | PERMALINK

fk.jpg
Image via TheFader

UPDATE (11:32 PM): DJ David Morales adds his name to the artists apparently confirming the news:

I am devastated to write that my dear friend Frankie Knuckles has passed away today. Can't write anymore than this at the moment. I'm sorry.

— David Morales (@DJDavidMorales) April 1, 2014

- - - -

5 Magazine reports that legend of Chicago House Frankie Knuckles has passed away. This has been corraborated on social media by Chicago house artistsPaul Johnson and DJ Deeon, although we've yet to receive official confirmation.

If true, it's a major blow to one of the most important figures in modern music.

Knuckles was born in the Bronx in 1955, and became a disco DJ in the early 1970s, spinning with childhood friend and garage pioneer Larry Levan at the Continental Baths. In 1977, the Warehouse nightclub opened in Chicago, and Knuckles moved to the city to become its premier DJ. The music Knuckles would spin at "The Warehouse" became shortened to "house," and soon evolved into its own genre, as producers used drum machines to produce less expensive version of popular dance styles.

The Warehouse became the crucible of a genre that would conquer the world and can still be heard on radio stations to this day.

In 1983, Knuckles moved from The Warehouse to his own club, the Power Plant.

Knuckles also became a producer, recording iconic versions of Jamie Principle's "Your Love," "Baby Wants To Ride," and "Cold World." Other singles included 1991's elegaic teardrop anthem "The Whistle Song":

Knuckles was, however, primarily known for his skills as a DJ. In 2004, the City of Chicago renamed a stretch of Jefferson Street near the site of the old Warehouse "The Godfather of House Music" Frankie Knuckles Way.

Caption: "Much respect....... Frankie knuckles.... SALUTE!!!!!! REST IN PARADISE"

[via DJ Deeon]

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
artworks-000075096906-lz932o-t500x500.jpg

Tracklist:
Swiff D -- 100 Man March [Los Angeles // :10]
Hawthorne Headhunters -- Boats In Your Eyes featuring I Am [St. Louis & Los Angeles // 1:49]
Philip Owusu -- The Followers [Copenhagen // 4:14]
Olaf Stuut -- Siren [Amsterdam // 7:14]
GB -- The Black Monolith featuring Ricci Rucker [Los Angeles // 9:15]
Tiombe Lockhart -- O' Bloody Days, O' Starry Nights On The Bowery [NYC // 12:46]
Tanya Morgan -- The Only One featuring Tiara Wiles, Mike Maven, Spree Wilson, Chauncy Sherod of CharlieRED [Brooklyn // 14:42]
José James -- Sword + Gun featuring Hindi Zahra (FaltyDL Remix) [NYC & Morocco x NYC // 18:23]
El_Txef_A -- Broken Bridges (El_Txef_A & Fiakun Team 2013 Edit) [Spain // 25:15]
Todd Terje -- Swing Star (Part 2) [Oslo // 28:54]
Zaki Ibrahim -- Draw The Line (Alternate Version) [Johannesburg // 32:32]
Ill-Luzion -- Lucid Dream [Germany // 35:09]
GTA Hoffmann -- Levitate [Munich & Leipzig & Berlin, Germany // 38:11]
The Invisible -- Wings [London // 41:28]
Madi Diaz -- Trust Fall (Jensen Sportag Remix) [Los Angeles x Nashville // 44:48]
Okapii -- Gattu [Copenhagen // 48:01]
Sampha -- Without [Morden/London // 50:12]
Segilola -- Paint The Way [London // 53:08]
Rhian Sheehan -- La Boite A Musique (Eclise Remix) [Wellington, New Zealand x Samara Oblast, Russia // 55:56]
Blap Deli -- Farming, w/ Courtney Harkins [San Francisco & Sonoma County // 58:52]
Pedestrian -- Hoyle Road [UK // 1:00:59]
Thom Yorke -- The Eraser (XXXchange Remix) [Oxford x NYC // 1:03:58]
Nicole Wray -- Can't Get Out The Game [Atlanta // 1:08:29]
Hollie Smith and Mara TK -- Autumn Rain [New Zealand // 1:11:10]
Oddisee -- You Know Who You Are [Brooklyn // 1:12:27]
Columbia Nights -- As We Are (Brother Spanky's Upper Room Remix) [Washington, DC // 1:15:46]

:jawalrus:

Just enjoyed a blunt to this good shyt bruh. :obama:

U got a download link for that Lyla track that shyt touches my soul :noah: