Fans are turning on rap. This young generation is more into conscious shyt now.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Age range and environment plays a factor

Party music aka dance music was always the dominant force in the music industry since eternity. Before Hip Hop turned political in the mid 80's with Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, NWA etc it was mostly party music -- having a great time, drugs, women, alcohol etc

Conscious bars was it's zenith mainly in the late 80's towards the mid 90's -- socially issues regarding race, police brutality, poverty, the spirit of blackness, the roots of Afrocentricity

Pac was a well-rounded rapper because he addressed a variety of topics while still catering to the ladies. What made Pac stood out was he made his listeners FEEL the passion addressing these struggles in society. To be successful as a rapper, you have to be relatable and also have a female following.

In the link below, I post a list of conscious albums that just hit the market

(The Best Conscious Hip Hop Albums of 2023 by User Score)

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
He had a few politically charged songs but that isn't the base of his catalog :yeshrug:

When you think Lupe you don't think political activism like Dead Prez, The Coup, or Public Enemy
The man first mixtape was called Fahrenheit 1/15 :mjlol:

He debated bill o'reily and sonned his ass :mjlol:

Almost got blackballed for calling Obama a terrorist :mjlol:

Anonymous hacked Atlantic to force them to release lasers :mjlol:

But the base of his catalog isn't politics :mjlol:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The man first mixtape was called Fahrenheit 1/15 :mjlol:

He debated bill o'reily and sonned his ass :mjlol:

Almost got blackballed for calling Obama a terrorist :mjlol:

Anonymous hacked Atlantic to force them to release lasers :mjlol:

But the base of his catalog isn't politics :mjlol:

And the music on his mixtapes weren't political

And outside of music his politically views (at least back when the Obama stuff happened) weren't that deep. I mainly remember him not agreeing with staying in the Middle East and him saying that all government is corrupt and should be questioned.
Hell he was saying that he realized that voting matters when he saw how blatantly racist Trump and the Republicans were and voted for the first time during the midterms

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That’s because “conscious rap” has always been a blanket term from rap nerds that means whatever topics that aren’t on the majorit of the most popular rap songs at that moment( street shyt, sex, money)

“Conscious rap” isn’t really a thing

it is but lets keep it a buck; no1 trying 2 hear that shyt. People hate being preached 2. Not for nothing IDGAF about the content like that; its HOW U SAY IT.

In general I prefer party/gangster records but if u come with crazy style n melody I'll bite.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
it is but lets keep it a buck; no1 trying 2 hear that shyt. People hate being preached 2. Not for nothing IDGAF about the content like that; its HOW U SAY IT.

In general I prefer party/gangster records but if u come with crazy style n melody I'll bite.
That’s the reason why “conscious” stays largely underground

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Fans are turning on rap. This young generation is more into conscious shyt now. I barely hear trap music being played out of car windows anymore. It's the era of psychedelics and mental health now. Conscious rap about to boom again over the next two decades.

What did I say @Malcolmxxx_23 ?:sas1:

The Kendrick and Aubrey beef proved that there is a definite shift going down. You seen young kids on social media actually dissecting lyrics. The younger generation is craving substance again. A rebirth of consciousness is around the corner. The world is falling apart and people are tired of the same ol bullshyt. They want shyt that's gonna make em feel again.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
What did I say @Malcolmxxx_23 ?:sas1:

The Kendrick and Aubrey beef proved that there is a definite shift going down. You seen young kids on social media actually dissecting lyrics. The younger generation is craving substance again. A rebirth of consciousness is around the corner. The world is falling apart and people are tired of the same ol bullshyt. They want shyt that's gonna make em feel again.
The results of the battle are the opposite of your yapping. The biggest song from that battle is the most fun record

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
The results of the battle are the opposite of your yapping. The biggest song from that battle is the most fun record
You seem to think just because a song is fun that it can't be conscious. Kendrick literally ended the song with a fukkin history lesson about Colonizers :mjlol:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You seem to think just because a song is fun that it can't be conscious. Kendrick literally ended the song with a fukkin history lesson about Colonizers :mjlol:
What’s conscious about not like us?

Hell, what was conscious about any song in the beef?

You’re a dummy if you think people won’t always prioritize fun and exciting in their entertainment choices