Fable has been downscaled due to engine troubles and lack of wrpg expertise. "Might release even later than you think."

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I believe it. Not expecting this game anytime soon. We'll see what it is when it gets here.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why everyone is moving to Unreal Engine 5.

When you build your game around very specific engine (Forzatech) which is meant to serve a particular set of mechanics you’re gonna run into trouble. Its the same reason CDPR -an actual rpg developer- ran into so much trouble with the Red engine making Cyberpunk.

Now you take something that has only focused on cars, natural environments, and speed, and now incorporate human, monster, animal animations and AI, other story prompted scripts, far more interactivity with objects, and just a bunch of other mechanics into it, things are gonna get messy. It’s an engine that looks very good and serves very specific functions, so to build on top of it is gonna be an ordeal.

I think if they haven’t already, they will bring in Obsidian, InXile, or BGS to help

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't think there's much to worry about since they haven't shown us anything yet. However, I feel Microsoft showed this game and other games too early which can make many skeptical over time

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I don't believe it, nope, not Playground Games.

raw

We're gonna see Fable on June 12th. I'm positive. Not Playground Games. Nope.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't believe it, nope, not Playground Games.

raw

We're gonna see Fable on June 12th. I'm positive. Not Playground Games. Nope.
Don’t worry it’s just bullshyt. Dude doesn’t even claim to have a source.

He just said this shyt out of thin air and sony stans ran with it as usual.

If this place had any integrity threads like this would be closed so the misinformation doesn’t spread but…….you know how that goes :francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smh,

People don't know how any type of development works. But this is Stan wars so it's to be expected...

Everything/game gets scaled down at a point. Like seriously everything