Extravagant vs. Low-Key Wedding

tater

Superstar
Daps
I'm cool with just going to the court house. I'd rather spend my money on an extravagant honeymoon or trip. Maybe we can also have money for a down payment on a house.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
We went the JOP route. I find weddings boring, the thought of shopping for wedding dresses made me cringe, and I didn't want to deal with everything that comes with a wedding.

We had a nice reception and and even nicer honeymoon.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would go to a courthouse. i don't think big fancy weddings matter, as long as you're with the person you love.

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
I've been thinking about this. I want a lowkey wedding as in,yeah everyone come to the church, dress up if you want, I'll wear white.

And for the reception we'll just have a huge cookout at the relative with the biggest backyard house, with barbeque, dice games, and family fun lol. :myman:

All the money spent on dresses, tuxes, decorations, frivolous stuff can be spent on our honeymoon. We can go wherever we want for however long we want, just really live it up. :ohlawd:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I always get :whoa: with parties, planning, and large gatherings.

We agreed on going to the courthouse and thats it but our mothers wanted a cermony and reception.

We told them give us the money they would spend on it instead. Of course they said fukk nah.

In the end we (meaning my husband and mothers cuz I was still against it) had a ceremony in the judge's office (with about 16 family members) and a reception dinner at my moms with even more family.

If I could do it again, I'd do it with just me, him, and the kids in front of the judge and a family vacay later.

Rue

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ZA
I want a very extravagant wedding, i don't have many close relatives, so it can be low-key and extravagant at the same time, i wanna look and feel like a queen for a day (been a princess for the past 24 years :pachaha: ) wouldnt have to spend much cash on food cause there would be 50 people max!

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Extravagant :blessed:

Luckily my Fiance doesn't give af so he said I can do what I want. Whenever I "ask" him about something I want to add to it he just says "it's your day, you're the boss, do what you want" :blessed: Thank the lord Jesus.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Extravagant :blessed:

Luckily my Fiance doesn't give af so he said I can do what I want. Whenever I "ask" him about something I want to add to it he just says "it's your day, you're the boss, do what you want" :blessed: Thank the lord Jesus.
He got a brother? :mjcry:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I love my fam but I'm not close to my family.
I would rather have a low key wedding for my parents happiness. But in reality, I'd just take a trip to the court house.