"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Even with a sign & trade, the probably want to do it with a team that can eat most of his contract because the Bulls are over the cap right now with LaVine still on the roster and these other signings

DeMar going to have to take considerably less. Bulls might just let him walk without taking back any salary to ensure they don't go into the tax

We can't get back Russell expiring and Rui

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We can't get back Russell expiring and Rui
That's 35M back in salary. They should only do that if they have another deal to flip those guys for picks shortly after this trade (if that's even possible with all these new rules and regulations)

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Why can't we do this trade I just made up or something similar?

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap-7-1-2024-4-26-34-PM.png

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why can't we do this trade I just made up or something similar?

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap-7-1-2024-4-26-34-PM.png
Once Chicago goes over 13Ms they are a luxury tax team, and Jerry ain't paying the tax for this team. Especially with them going into a rebuild/reset

It will have to be a huge trade with multiple players and teams involved. Include Jevon Carter and Craig and that's around 10M there to include with DeMar's contract. It's all about what he agrees to. In your scenario, he would be taking a 20M per year deal... this is fascinating to me, not gonna lie

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Once Chicago goes over 13Ms they are a luxury tax team, and Jerry ain't paying the tax for this team. Especially with them going into a rebuild/reset

It will have to be a huge trade with multiple players and teams involved. Include Jevon Carter and Craig and that's around 10M there to include with DeMar's contract. It's all about what he agrees to. In your scenario, he would be taking a 20M per year deal... this is fascinating to me, not gonna lie

But we can take on Russell last year and have cap space next summer correct?

We could even move both Russell and Jarred at the deadline.