Every Great Artist has to have at least 3 Essential Songs that can be PLAYED at Any Major Black Event. EMINEM is NOT!!

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Lose Yourself was the first Em song that got play on the hip hop stations around my way :mjlol:

Only other song that might be acceptable is Love the way you lie with Rhianna.

I'm an Em fan btw.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I used to think Eminem was so great. And he’s definitely skilled.

But my opinion over time has changed. I think he’s a great rapper but not really a great artist. I don’t think he makes good songs.

Certainly nothing you could play at a party. Unless you want to slow dance to “Superman” and tell your date she’s a whore.
white folks in particular don't seem to understand that this isn't some sort of typing class/spelling b contest. this is music, art. if you can make a good song just repeating the same hook over and over and over (like some of those classic funk records) you have a better song than someone reciting a thesaurus perfectly at 98 wpm.
Eminem has 1 hit that people seem to love universally, thats Lose Yourself.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Lose Yourself was the first Em song that got play on the hip hop stations around my way :mjlol:

Only other song that might be acceptable is Love the way you lie with Rhianna.

I'm an Em fan btw.
Nvm Adding bytch Please II, to any rotation. But does that count :russ:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Would you play ice ice baby, before a Em song?

I have played Ice Ice Baby in the past couple of years.

I have not played any Eminem purposefully.

The only song he has that is listenable unlimited times is Lose Yourself.

I like Stan, but after the first time it was kinda pointless.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
white folks in particular don't seem to understand that this isn't some sort of typing class/spelling b contest. this is music, art. if you can make a good song just repeating the same hook over and over and over (like some of those classic funk records) you have a better song than someone reciting a thesaurus perfectly at 98 wpm.
Eminem has 1 hit that people seem to love universally, thats Lose Yourself.

And Em ain't even the only rapper with a big vocab, Nas for example has a bigger vocab, Jay-z Andre 3 stacks etc.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Would you play ice ice baby, before a Em song?
Absolutely

When they used to force Eminem songs in the club back in the early 00s, there was always an ackward pause like “what the fukk we supposed to do to this?” :dahell:

I still remember vividly when Ice Ice Baby first came out and there has never been a time when that song didn’t go off in the function except maybe like 94-00

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
« Lose Yourself » is his signature song and his only good song. His only song with replay value. His only song of his musical catalogue that you can throw in a cookout or party imo.