Ever been in a store where they had even practical, cheap items locked up?

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Friday was our last full day of vacation in California. I needed some deodorant because the high priced stuff I was trying out, irritated my skin. The fam wants to hit up Target. I'm like "bet". We went to the one in Van Nuys. I go to the deodorant section and all of it is locked up and not a worker in sight:why:

It didn't look like an area where stealing would be THAT bad. Went to the underwear section to buy some socks and drawz. All were locked up. I ended up just buying a coca cola and 2 Reese cups. As we were leaving, a cop SUV was parked in the parking garage. Seconds later, a cop has a sista handcuffed, probably for stealing. Then I remembered seeing quite a few homeless looking white dudes walking around the store.
U did wrong by going to the one in Van Nuys, lol… panorama city is worse… I think the only places in the valley close to Van Nuys that don’t have those crazy locks are Studio City, Burbank, Encino and Sherman oaks lol

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Try getting ink for a printer or replacement windshield wiper blades.​

I don't print often at home. Because when I do it's like a 900 page pdf. (I'll print that shyt at work, 2 copies too, one for work, one for home :sas2:) So whenever I do go to print something I feel like I always have to go buy printer ink and god damn it if I don't feel like hitting a lick.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Had the same experience for the first time in Cali as well not too long ago. I walked out of Target. No one was showing up to open the locked stuff. Tried Walmart and just got frustrated. Ended up Door Dashing or ordering from Amazon for everything else I needed for the rest of the time I was there.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I can see how awkward that can be :bryan:
especially becuase condoms are always in the same section as diapers/tampons, always mad women around

and they don't even let you just grab what you want you have to tell them how you givin it up :camby: shyt's hella invasive

don't let it be a weird ass guy employee tryna give you his personal review of what you chose :snoop:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
its sad but times getting rough out here. alot of people stealing... :francis:
It wasn’t until I myself went through a rough financial period, that I stopped judging people who steal.

When you’re living pay check to pay check with no money left to eat, hunger will drive people against their morals.

Sometimes you have to be humbled in life to truly understand empathy.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It probably depends on the area. I was in Walmart on Saturday in a different part of town where I normally go and they have razor blades locked in a glass cage. Also they have condoms, tampons, pregnancy tests, KY-Jelly, and other stuff of that nature locked in a class cage.

Walmart's be having printer ink locked behind those cages too. Every Target I've been to never had anything basic locked up. Of course, Target attracts a different type of clientele. :mjpls:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I went to a CVS in downtown Wilmington Delaware for some deodorant. They had the whole aisle behind lock and key. I was :skip: As I asked for help to get a double pack of Degree

voiture

Superstar
Daps
All the baby food items are locked up at Walmart around my area.
People used to in grab as many as they can and walk right out.

A much better option than using an armed guard which will lead to an inevitable confrontation and the company might have to write a massive payoff check.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Liquor store got the $200-300 bottles sitting out easy to grab but got any kind of Hennessy locked up. I don't drink that shyt but if I'm buying it for someone I gotta ask for a damn bottle.

:snoop: