Even Daigo was getting that real life work in the arcade

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Bruh. I remember when Super Street Fighter II Turbo came out, the line was damn near out the door to play that shyt.

Shyt was a popular place to do drug trades.

cutting school to go to the arcade :noah:

seeing dudes get stomped out every damn time :mjlol:

hitting the chicken shack that was right by it :ohlawd:

getting chased around by truancy :umad:

getting caught by truancy :francis:

downtown is a completely different place now :wow:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Washed nikkas heavy back in the day as youngin with my boy Yoshimitsu on Tekken 3. Those sidekicks into the sword swings left bodies laying like :dead: :dead: :dead: Dudes would be sitting there fuming on the sticks like :fire::fire: but couldn't say shyt.

Oh and if I hit them with that Back Back Square wind-up sword stab that did like 70% bar on some :troll: , dudes hopped out the seat and stood up lookin' at me.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not gonna front. When I was a kid I let a few older dudes win in street fighter cuz they got mad as fukk when I beat them the first time. I ain’t want no problems over a video game :hubie:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Damn i grew up in the wrong era

I would've been the one in the arcades :ohhh:

YAYU

MARIJUAY0
Daps
Reppin
NJ
One time I got pushed off the game by some adults because I didn't know the "Set your quarter on the screen" etiquette meant you got next.

This was MK3

some kid swiped a bunch of quarters on MvC n tried to flee n right before he reached the door my dad tripped him up n quarters flew everywhere n he got stomped out by the older guys who were up next lol

they gave me their spot
:youngsabo:

another time on ninja turtles some kid was tryna hold 4 spots for his cuzins. i gave him 2 mins, nobody came, so i put a quarter in. he swung on me so we started fightin n the quarter guy who knew my dad broke it up, took us to the back n said do that shyt out here n let me whoop this kids ass

lol shout out 2 rock n roll in passaic

EDIT:

point being, kids today esp, @ the age im talkin about above, wouldnt last 10 minutes ina arcade today

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Like @General Mills said there was a certain code that if you didn't follow would have you leaking. I was a Tekken player who played King. Can't tell you how many times folks wanted action cause I hit them with the multi grabs:laff:. I think MvC2 holds the crown for the amount of salt and drama that game caused. I remember infinites being banned in games. Then MvC2 comes along and its like well get ready for the next match:laff:. Mags caused so many fights. The salt that game caused is almost as good as the actual game.
Once nikkas saw that broken Cable..
Hyper Viper Beam..
:francis::damn:
I’ve saw a white dude get his ass beat for using..
Black heart
Cable
Sentinel..
He started talking cash shyt..
Breh asked me to hold his glasses real quick..
And proceeded to beat his ass into a Guilty Gear machine:skip::mjlol:
That was one vicious ass whooping:dead:
Miss those Galleria days:wow:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Once nikkas saw that broken Cable..
Hyper Viper Beam..
:francis::damn:
I’ve saw a white dude get his ass beat for using..
Black heart
Cable
Sentinel..
He started talking cash shyt..
Breh asked me to hold his glasses real quick..
And proceeded to beat his ass into a Guilty Gear machine:skip::mjlol:
That was one vicious ass whooping:dead:
Miss those Galleria days:wow:
Mags was snapping people in left and right. Then hit you with the trijump into infinite, repeat. And since Capcom didn't realize people would abuse guard break, if you played someone good, once that first character was gone it was likely game over. The good old days.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
I recall the comic shop in Brooklyn that had the machines in the back, there was one Chinese kid who earned street cred through pure skill. You couldn't take him off, he would just give the stick to the next player when his curfew came. As others mentioned, you caught a beatdown touching those quarters. This was old Brooklyn so the worse you had to worry about was getting stabbed, hands still bailed you and solved most of your problems in the long run. We need to get back to "hands and feet", folks clown "Kid n' Play" rap but that hip hop got everybody the girl they wanted and they all lived to talk about it the morning after.

Ok rant over.