Even Daigo was getting that real life work in the arcade

parallax

Superstar
Daps
It's wrong for me to say, but I kinda miss how wild some aspects of acrades used to be. Flagrant shyt talking could get you fukked up, so a lot of dudes weren't really about it unless they knew who you were or thought they could handle you. The level of bytchassness we see today would have most of these dudes stomped out the paint in record time if they shyt talked someone right next to them

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
It's wrong for me to say, but I kinda miss how wild some aspects of acrades used to be. Flagrant shyt talking could get you fukked up, so a lot of dudes weren't really about it unless they knew who you were or thought they could handle you. The level of bytchassness we see today would have most of these dudes stomped out the paint in record time if they shyt talked someone right next to them

shyt was real back in the day around the Street Fighter machine in the arcade:wow:

There was a particular etiquette that had to be adhered to or you would see some real life fisticuffs.

Dont cut in line.
Line your quarters up on the machine.
etc.

I remember I would go to the mall arcade and just observe so I knew the rules before I ever tried to jump in.:lupe: I saw a white kid get stomped to the white meat behind the Pit Fighter machine because he lost and thought he could just go again right away despite there being a line of 10 people behind him:snoop:

shyt I would go to the bowling alley by my house and practice on Street Fighter there dolo. Then go to the Mall. Going to the Mall was like going from High School to the pro's. I was never the nicest but my Guile was pretty respectable.:ehh:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
He spit some real game that I believe tackles my passion in life for other creative pursuits.

--------------
I remember you couldn't even look at the MVC2 machines without having a group to protect each other.

First time I walked in there solo and there were 15 people lined up at the machine. I thought i was hot stuff cause i was cleaning up the dreamcast version. While waiting, I see glimpses of the screen, Omega Red was bodying this guy with movement I've never seen before.

Suddenly the line of 15 compresses to the front and a half circle forms with everyone doing a two step.
Dude gets dragged to the KOF machine and the next match begins. Dude was slumped for a minute because I went to rock the tekken 3 machine and saw everyone else leave.

I practiced as best as I could to beat them, but couldn't beat their top 6 players. Turns out they liked to do tournament bets and it was $50 a game. Dude who got stomped was supposed to be in the finals so all of their side bets were on him.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Like @General Mills said there was a certain code that if you didn't follow would have you leaking. I was a Tekken player who played King. Can't tell you how many times folks wanted action cause I hit them with the multi grabs:laff:. I think MvC2 holds the crown for the amount of salt and drama that game caused. I remember infinites being banned in games. Then MvC2 comes along and its like well get ready for the next match:laff:. Mags caused so many fights. The salt that game caused is almost as good as the actual game.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
GOAT

We all want to see the epicness, so here it is

Even to this day, it's the greatest moments in gaming history. The goosebumps are real in 2019
:banderas:

That's what's got me into following Evo

Justin must have been like
:damn:

tenor.gif

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
GOAT

Even to this day, it's the greatest moments in gaming history. The goosebumps are real in 2019

I still dont know how he did it:wow:

Those parry's:wow:

Made Justin go home and be a family man.:dead:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
GOAT

I've shown a few things to all my kids in their lives.

Come Fly With Me
Barry Sanders Highlights
Zelda games
Daigo's epic win
The first Matrix movie

This shyt needs to be seen by future generations as an immense moment of unfiltered swag.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
GOAT

THIS

The last 25 seconds is legit the most jaw dropping thing I have seen in a video game ever

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
shyt was real back in the day around the Street Fighter machine in the arcade:wow:

There was a particular etiquette that had to be adhered to or you would see some real life fisticuffs.

Dont cut in line.
Line your quarters up on the machine.
etc.

I remember I would go to the mall arcade and just observe so I knew the rules before I ever tried to jump in.:lupe: I saw a white kid get stomped to the white meat behind the Pit Fighter machine because he lost and thought he could just go again right away despite there being a line of 10 people behind him:snoop:

shyt I would go to the bowling alley by my house and practice on Street Fighter there dolo. Then go to the Mall. Going to the Mall was like going from High School to the pro's. I was never the nicest but my Guile was pretty respectable.:ehh:

That's exactly what that shyt felt like. :dead:

I remember being like 10 years old feeling like :smugfavre: when I lined a quarter up on the machine around a bunch of grown men :dame: or at least late teens/early 20s.

Remember one guy teaching me how to be decent with Blanka. Been my main ever since. Racked up some wins in the arcade too. :ehh:

I got busted by my mom once swearing like crazy when I was getting annihilated by someone. Turned beet red when everyone was like "ooooooh" :mjlol: and didn't get to go back for a while. :mjcry: