ESPN Sources: Toronto Raptors All-Star guard Scottie Barnes intends to sign a five-year maximum rookie extension that could be worth up to $270 mill

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He got his bag, now he must take the next step. He’s gotta refine his jumpshot so he can be a more reliable threat. A lot of times I forget a big his frame is pause, the bully ball and high energy stuff works but this is the 3pt era and you gotta score more 3’s instead of scoring around the rim all the time. He reminds me a lot of Jabari Parker when he was healthy and balling on the Bucks. A fine player but is really just the 3rd option.

I mean hen shot 34 % from 3 last year and that was cuz he tailed off in the last month and a half before he broke his hand,he was at 40% for the first 3 months of the season...

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean hen shot 34 % from 3 last year and that was cuz he tailed off in the last month and a half before he broke his hand,he was at 40% for the first 3 months of the season...
Everything is there he just gotta put it together and stay consistent. I watched him disappear on offense and play too passively in a lot of games this year. Hes only 23 so he has lots of time to get better.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He’s obviously going to get a max deal. Some dude worse than him is going to get a max next year at a higher number and we can do this all over again.

If you understand the economics of the NBA this is a very good contract for him and the team.Year 3-5 his number will only be 22-23 % of the cap it actually goes down in the last 2 years of the teams cap % based on where the league cap is headed.Its a good deal for him but its a very good value deal for the Raps.
Anyone knocking this deal simply doesnt understand the business side of the game...Making 50 mil in 2029 wont be the same as making 50 mil in 2024.