Eminem talks about when he got that wake up call humbling experience in a Boxing ring LOL

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I box bro and I think a lot of people should learn some form of fighting. Ive been to multiple gyms in the DMV and it can be a wake up call for some brothers.

I see brothers who think they can fight just because they from the hood get beat up. Brothers think just cause they were in the feds talking about I was a gladiator at USP Big Sandy , talking about we fought with 8 inch knives. Can't throw a punch, they don't know how to move their head or block.

There's a boxing gym I go to here for my cardio and man the number of white dudes that come in off the street tatted up and brolic that think they can fight just to get humbled is amazing. 95% of them never come back after that 1st sparring session.

There's this dude that came in at the end of last year saying he did MMA and wanted to work on his stand up game, he was maybe 25ish and wanted to spar with somebody so the head trainer who's maybe late 40s took the challenge and told him he'd beat him using his off hand. He did... :banderas: MMA creh never came back

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The levels to boxing really is crazy. The best dude in your gym probably wouldn't even make it past the prelims of your local Golden Gloves. And that Golden Gloves winner would get easily outclassed in the first round of Olympic trials. Etc etc, shyts brazy for real:wow:.

:wow:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I worked with a bartender who boxed. She was around the same height as me,(6’2) she would always tell me to come to gym and I would brush it off.

I saw those hands in practice one night after work. All the notions of me being a threat to someone was tossed out the window when I saw how fast she moved. :wow:

She moved out of state and i felt that i dropped the ball with that
A 6'2 chick that could box and you never once thought to ask her ou-..... nevermind.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Over a decade ago i saw this 6’4 30 plus year old nikka talking shyt to this young nikka around 20 at the time and about 5’9/5’10 and he was a boxer for over 3 years and the big nikka was trying to punk dude on the court and next thing i know all i saw was this 6’4 nikka stumbling after getting touch with a left hook

200.gif

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I tried taking up boxing as an adult and it's tough as shyt breh. It wore my ass out more than any physical activity in my life. I quit that shyt after about two months. Convinced myself if I didn't get into it young, it's not for me.

Im convinced being a boxer is probably one of the most physically demanding, outside of the skill of doing it well, sports around. Not for pussies and lightweights.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried taking up boxing as an adult and it's tough as shyt breh. It wore my ass out more than any physical activity in my life. I quit that shyt after about two months. Convinced myself if I didn't get into it young, it's not for me.

Im convinced being a boxer is probably one of the most physically demanding, outside of the skill of doing it well, sports around. Not for pussies and lightweights.

Boxing, Muay Thai, and BJJ are unbelievably draining. I actually give Boxing the nods of pure stamina drainage and Muay Thai the edge in sheer resilience/pain threshold.

Rolling is also extremely draining but I started training BJJ after boxing so my threshold for stamina is a lot different

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I workout with a heavy bag for added cardio like twice a week.. been doing it for a while. But I'm not delusional, I am fully aware just because I practice punching/ ducking/ stepping for 3 minute intervals Does Not mean I'm a "skilled fighter" :mjlol: actually nowhere near it.

The bag doesn't hit back :win:

It's fun tho.. :francis:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I workout with a heavy bag for added cardio like twice a week.. been doing it for a while. But I'm not delusional, I am fully aware just because I practice punching/ ducking/ stepping for 3 minute intervals Does Not mean I'm a "skilled fighter" :mjlol: actually nowhere near it.

The bag doesn't hit back :win:

It's fun tho.. :francis:

Boards don't hit back :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was thinking about taking up boxing...you brehs recommend it?

I'm just looking to work on form and vary my cardio. I'm fine being humbled....I think :lupe:

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I box bro and I think a lot of people should learn some form of fighting. Ive been to multiple gyms in the DMV and it can be a wake up call for some brothers.

I see brothers who think they can fight just because they from the hood get beat up. Brothers think just cause they were in the feds talking about I was a gladiator at USP Big Sandy , talking about we fought with 8 inch knives. Can't throw a punch, they don't know how to move their head or block.
What gyms would you recommend in the DMV?

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about taking up boxing...you brehs recommend it?

I'm just looking to work on form and vary my cardio. I'm fine being humbled....I think :lupe:
It’s the hardest sport in the world according to a very detailed chart ESPN made years agoESPN.com: Page 2 - Sport Skills Difficulty Rankings

Its the hardest workout and sport I’ve ever done

I would suggest most people just train boxing, I mean the training is hard AF and will get your cardio and body God-like

I don’t think most humans should take up sparring, there’s nothing to do but get beat up. Like the worst boxer will beat you up while taking it easy on your and your head and body will still sting and hurt.

I’m an idiot though because I spar but I’m telling you not to do it and I mean that :wow: