Embracer Group shuts down Square Enix Montreal recently renamed ‘Onoma’, Eidos now working on Fable

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't particularly care one way or the other, so long as people get a good game out of it, but I know troll bait when I see it, and that tidbit was it.

But speaking objectively: maybe don't have a studio that's literally made nothing but racing games work on Fable in the first place?

I wasn’t going to say anything, but….:lolbron:

It is weird that they have some of the best rpg studios in the business and they are still outsourcing development to 3rd party studios.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I wasn’t going to say anything, but….:lolbron:

It is weird that they have some of the best rpg studios in the business and they are still outsourcing development to 3rd party studios.
Its not weird at all, we don't want to have the same games over and over. And these studios don't always want to make the same games forever.
Forza Horizon is the best racing game in existence. Sorry you too much of a stan to understand but its true. Its much more than just a racing game.
Its everything GTA is without the guns... its as open world as Fallout was. And everything in these worlds look amazing so to put that skill into an RPG is exciting to say the least. The parts you're laughing at is why this thread exist. They have more experienced devs in these types of games ASSISTING in the development. Sony does similar and you'd champion the effort. If xbox does it you go "Something must be wrong"

Yeah, with you :stopitslime:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
As it stands, Fable is the only thing that could make me buy a Series X - if it actually comes out this generation.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I don't particularly care one way or the other, so long as people get a good game out of it, but I know troll bait when I see it, and that tidbit was it.

But speaking objectively: maybe don't have a studio that's literally made nothing but racing games work on Fable in the first place?
Yes because people don’t deserve to work on something new for a change especially when people run the narrative that Xbox is only known for halo, Forza and gears. Once again don’t see how this could be a bad thing just based off the fact Xbox is allowing them to do something new but keep cooking brother

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes because people don’t deserve to work on something new for a change especially when people run the narrative that Xbox is only known for halo, Forza and gears. Once again don’t see how this could be a bad thing just based off the fact Xbox is allowing them to do something new but keep cooking brother

People do deserve to do something different, but they also deserve to be set up for success. Having a studio that had quite literally only worked on one thing for its entire existence go directly into working on something that is the complete opposite of what they normally do, while also being a new game in a series that fans have been dying to see come back, isn't exactly that. Let them get their feet wet working on something with lower stakes before sending them in on Fable. Announcing it early, and that Playground is developing it unfortunately sets them up as scapegoats if things don't go well. The narrative is already forming with the news that Eidos is "co-developing" it.

Stop thinking everyone on here is engaging in that corny fanboy war shyt.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
People do deserve to do something different, but they also deserve to be set up for success. Having a studio that had quite literally only worked on one thing for its entire existence go directly into working on something that is the complete opposite of what they normally do, while also being a new game in a series that fans have been dying to see come back, isn't exactly that. Let them get their feet wet working on something with lower stakes before sending them in on Fable. Announcing it early, and that Playground is developing it unfortunately sets them up as scapegoats if things don't go well. The narrative is already forming with the news that Eidos is "co-developing" it.

Stop thinking everyone on here is engaging in that corny fanboy war shyt.
Yet this whole situation is meaningless if they actually put out a decent fable game.. that’s the point I’m trying to prove. Nobody is calling you a fanboy or thinking you are trying to push that narrative but let’s actually get a look at the game first before we go doubting things.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet this whole situation is meaningless if they actually put out a decent fable game.. that’s the point I’m trying to prove. Nobody is calling you a fanboy or thinking you are trying to push that narrative but let’s actually get a look at the game first before we go doubting things.

I agree that if the game comes and is good, nobody actually cares.

In fact, I'd argue that most people probably didn't care until it got out that Eidos was co-developing, especially since there was no formal announcement about it. That's the part that makes people wonder if this was the best approach.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I agree that if the game comes and is good, nobody actually cares.

In fact, I'd argue that most people probably didn't care until it got out that Eidos was co-developing, especially since there was no formal announcement about it. That's the part that makes people wonder if this was the best approach.
Who are these strawmen tho, the truth is info is always released and fanboys will always make a spin. Who the fukk is any of us to question any decision made when we on the outside not knowing dikk squat about fukk shyt. Sometimes this kind of stuff works and sometimes it doesn't. They not geniuses if it does and they not dumbasses if it doesn't. Now lets get back to the games people. Gamepass still feeding nikkaz but I'm busy with COD right now :manny: