Elon Musk Neuralink approved for human Trials

If it could greatly improve your life would you be in for human trials?

• Yes, but I wouldn’t go first

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • How much are they paying me

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 78 87.6%
  • I would do it for the good of humanity

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
WHAT?!

After this?!

Neuralink, a startup co-founded by Musk in 2016, aims to develop a brain chip implant that it claims could one day help paralyzed people walk and blind people see. But to do that, the company has first been testing its technology on animals, killing some 1,500 since 2018 — and employee whistleblowers recently told Reuters the experiments are going horribly wrong.

Questions around Neuralink’s treatment of animals date back to 2017, when Neuralink conducted experiments on monkeys at the University of California Davis. The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a group that campaigns for alternatives to animal testing, obtained public records detailing the experiments. The findings were gruesome: One rhesus macaque monkey’s nausea was “so severe that the animal vomited and had open sores in her esophagus before she was finally killed,” according to Ryan Merkley, PCRM’s director of research advocacy.

Surgeons used an unapproved adhesive to fill open spaces in an animal’s skull, created from implanting the Neuralink device, “which then caused the animal to suffer greatly due to brain hemorrhaging,” Merkley said.

I know folks joke, but seriously don't even think about it.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate Elon Musk but if this is successful it will be pretty ground breaking. Enhance cognitive abilities from BMI's is one of the things Ray Kurzweil predicted. And if using these things start giving people a competitive edge you can bet that you will want one yourself.

The fact that so many animals have died testing these things is deplorable.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I would potentially do it at the end of my life and I was terminally ill. fukk doing it now when I have half of a productive life to live.

EDIT: And certainly not for Elon. He's shown how he feels about black people.