Elon Musk fires THOUSANDS of Twitter staff members! (UPDATE: TWITTERPOCALYPSE! Journalists and leftist accounts banned without warning!))

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Journalist says he finds it ‘surreal’ to have account on X suspended after writing critique of platform​

The author’s account had over 100,000 followers and was around 14 years old, he said​

CIOHAX7UZJITDAE4KLVUKEPQEI.jpg

O’Reilly appealed the first notification he got to say his account was suspended immediately. Photograph: by Kirill Kudryavtsev/AFP via Getty Images

Ellen O’Donoghue

Mon Feb 12 2024 - 20:19

Journalist and author Séamas O’Reilly has said he finds it “very, very funny” that his account on X, formerly Twitter, was suspended just hours after he posted about an article he wrote for the Irish Examiner in which he said the platform was unusable due to bots.

The author’s account had over 100,000 followers and was around 14 years old, he said. Having gone through his posts from Saturday, which is when the account was suspended, he has come to the conclusion that the post that caused the suspension was to do with his article on bots.

“So, to me, it’s pretty blatant and obvious that [an] Irish-headquartered tech behemoth, operated by the world’s most famous man, has suspended an Irish journalist for making those points in an Irish newspaper,” O’Reilly said.

“I don’t actually think that the removal of my personal account is actually riveting and important global news in and of itself; I’m not that arrogant. But I do think it is a pretty hilarious bit of overreach from the guy who is a self-proclaimed free speech absolutist. So I do think it is quite noteworthy and quite surreal, to be honest.”

O’Reilly appealed the first notification he got to say his account was suspended immediately. The suspension cited platform manipulation and spam as its reasoning, which he wrote in his appeal that he had nothing to do with.

Specifically the charge was spam and platform manipulation so I mean, I don’t even really know what they could say that involves, but it really couldn’t involve anything that I was doing

The journalist heard nothing back from his appeal so he sent another one on Monday morning, to which he had received “nothing”.

O’Reilly has a Saturday column in the Irish Examiner, and formerly had a column with The Irish Times. He posted about his most recent column on Saturday, February 10th, “around midday, and then five hours later I was banned,” he said.

“Specifically the charge was spam and platform manipulation... I don’t even really know what they could say that involves, but it really couldn’t involve anything that I was doing.”

In the Examiner article, O’Reilly made reference to a “scam bot [that] had a blue check mark, meaning that, unlike me, it pays money every month to Elon Musk’s vastly indebted and unprofitable platform, a situation which would greatly disincentive his company taking proactive measures to weed them out”.

[ How Elon Musk changed Twitter’s Dublin operation: ‘He broke the culture in a week’ ]

O’Reilly said if he did not get his account back it would be “personally, quite annoying but professionally quite depressing” as Twitter was his route into his current profession as a journalist and author. He used it as a “shop front” in ways, he said.

“I was very, very reluctant to be a Twitter doomer because it had done so much for me... But it’s really at the point where it doesn’t really work in practical terms. It is not as useful as an object as it used to be. It incentivises lots of extremely negative and hateful speech and has really made that a big kind of calling card of its business for the last year or two... that you can go on there and say anything.”

The Irish Times contacted X about the suspension of O’Reilly’s account and received an automatic response which said: “Busy now, please check back later.”

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Journalist says he finds it ‘surreal’ to have account on X suspended after writing critique of platform​

The author’s account had over 100,000 followers and was around 14 years old, he said​

CIOHAX7UZJITDAE4KLVUKEPQEI.jpg

O’Reilly appealed the first notification he got to say his account was suspended immediately. Photograph: by Kirill Kudryavtsev/AFP via Getty Images

Ellen O’Donoghue

Mon Feb 12 2024 - 20:19

Journalist and author Séamas O’Reilly has said he finds it “very, very funny” that his account on X, formerly Twitter, was suspended just hours after he posted about an article he wrote for the Irish Examiner in which he said the platform was unusable due to bots.

The author’s account had over 100,000 followers and was around 14 years old, he said. Having gone through his posts from Saturday, which is when the account was suspended, he has come to the conclusion that the post that caused the suspension was to do with his article on bots.

“So, to me, it’s pretty blatant and obvious that [an] Irish-headquartered tech behemoth, operated by the world’s most famous man, has suspended an Irish journalist for making those points in an Irish newspaper,” O’Reilly said.

“I don’t actually think that the removal of my personal account is actually riveting and important global news in and of itself; I’m not that arrogant. But I do think it is a pretty hilarious bit of overreach from the guy who is a self-proclaimed free speech absolutist. So I do think it is quite noteworthy and quite surreal, to be honest.”

O’Reilly appealed the first notification he got to say his account was suspended immediately. The suspension cited platform manipulation and spam as its reasoning, which he wrote in his appeal that he had nothing to do with.

The journalist heard nothing back from his appeal so he sent another one on Monday morning, to which he had received “nothing”.

O’Reilly has a Saturday column in the Irish Examiner, and formerly had a column with The Irish Times. He posted about his most recent column on Saturday, February 10th, “around midday, and then five hours later I was banned,” he said.

“Specifically the charge was spam and platform manipulation... I don’t even really know what they could say that involves, but it really couldn’t involve anything that I was doing.”

In the Examiner article, O’Reilly made reference to a “scam bot [that] had a blue check mark, meaning that, unlike me, it pays money every month to Elon Musk’s vastly indebted and unprofitable platform, a situation which would greatly disincentive his company taking proactive measures to weed them out”.

[ How Elon Musk changed Twitter’s Dublin operation: ‘He broke the culture in a week’ ]

O’Reilly said if he did not get his account back it would be “personally, quite annoying but professionally quite depressing” as Twitter was his route into his current profession as a journalist and author. He used it as a “shop front” in ways, he said.

“I was very, very reluctant to be a Twitter doomer because it had done so much for me... But it’s really at the point where it doesn’t really work in practical terms. It is not as useful as an object as it used to be. It incentivises lots of extremely negative and hateful speech and has really made that a big kind of calling card of its business for the last year or two... that you can go on there and say anything.”

The Irish Times contacted X about the suspension of O’Reilly’s account and received an automatic response which said: “Busy now, please check back later.”
Elon Musk is such a pathetic looser :mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

‘You Are Dead To Me’: Twitter Files Journalist Matt Taibbi Posts Unhinged Messages from Elon Musk​

Charlie Nash
Feb 15th, 2024, 10:37 pm

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-1n5GjzIuzI4C3L-scaled.jpg

Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call via AP Images & AP Photo/Michel Euler

Journalist Matt Taibbi posted screenshots of unhinged messages he received from billionaire Twitter owner Elon Musk.

Days after Taibbi accused Musk of restricting his account, the former Musk ally posted the screenshots from a conversation the two had had nearly a year prior.

“Since @elonmusk published parts of these conversations, I might as well include others,” declared Taibbi on Thursday. “I was under a ‘blanket search ban’ at one point and a lot of my 1.9 million followers still don’t see my content.”

In the messages, dated April 2023, Taibbi could be seen asking Musk whether he was “being shadowbanned” following Musk’s crackdown on Substack, which Taibbi writes for.

“We went on lockdown after discovering that Substack had stolen a massive amount of our data to prepopulate their Twitter rip-off,” replied Musk. “Looks like there is still a blanket search ban. Should be fixed by tomorrow.”

He added, “Going forward, tweets with Substack will not appear in For You unless it is paid advertising, just like FB/Insta/etc.”

Taibbi questioned, “Elon, I’ve repeatedly declined to criticize you and have nothing to do with your beef with Substack. Is there a reason why I’m being put in the middle of things? This really seems crazy.”

“You are dead to me,” replied Musk. “Please get off Twitter and just stay on Substack.”

Prior to their falling out, Taibbi was seen as a close ally of Musk and was described by House Delegate Stacey Plaskett as one of “Elon Musk’s public scribes” during a hearing in March 2023.

Their relationship deteriorated just weeks later after Substack, a website Taibbi writes for, announced the launch of a Twitter rival.

Musk retaliated by blocking all links to Substack, which prompted Taibbi to announce his departure from Musk’s platform.

Taibbi criticized Musk in several other Twitter posts on Thursday, calling the social network “worse than ever.”

“Supposed free speech champion @ElonMusk has decided to suppress this account forever, instead of just talking to me,” protested Taibbi. “@ElonMusk is uncomfortable around people who aren’t afraid of him, and wants to prove he can hurt my business instead of just talking to me, even if it means suppressing access to news he thinks is important.”

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

‘You Are Dead To Me’: Twitter Files Journalist Matt Taibbi Posts Unhinged Messages from Elon Musk​

Charlie Nash
Feb 15th, 2024, 10:37 pm

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-1n5GjzIuzI4C3L-scaled.jpg

Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call via AP Images & AP Photo/Michel Euler

Journalist Matt Taibbi posted screenshots of unhinged messages he received from billionaire Twitter owner Elon Musk.

Days after Taibbi accused Musk of restricting his account, the former Musk ally posted the screenshots from a conversation the two had had nearly a year prior.

“Since @elonmusk published parts of these conversations, I might as well include others,” declared Taibbi on Thursday. “I was under a ‘blanket search ban’ at one point and a lot of my 1.9 million followers still don’t see my content.”

In the messages, dated April 2023, Taibbi could be seen asking Musk whether he was “being shadowbanned” following Musk’s crackdown on Substack, which Taibbi writes for.

“We went on lockdown after discovering that Substack had stolen a massive amount of our data to prepopulate their Twitter rip-off,” replied Musk. “Looks like there is still a blanket search ban. Should be fixed by tomorrow.”

He added, “Going forward, tweets with Substack will not appear in For You unless it is paid advertising, just like FB/Insta/etc.”

Taibbi questioned, “Elon, I’ve repeatedly declined to criticize you and have nothing to do with your beef with Substack. Is there a reason why I’m being put in the middle of things? This really seems crazy.”

“You are dead to me,” replied Musk. “Please get off Twitter and just stay on Substack.”

Prior to their falling out, Taibbi was seen as a close ally of Musk and was described by House Delegate Stacey Plaskett as one of “Elon Musk’s public scribes” during a hearing in March 2023.

Their relationship deteriorated just weeks later after Substack, a website Taibbi writes for, announced the launch of a Twitter rival.

Musk retaliated by blocking all links to Substack, which prompted Taibbi to announce his departure from Musk’s platform.

Taibbi criticized Musk in several other Twitter posts on Thursday, calling the social network “worse than ever.”

“Supposed free speech champion @ElonMusk has decided to suppress this account forever, instead of just talking to me,” protested Taibbi. “@ElonMusk is uncomfortable around people who aren’t afraid of him, and wants to prove he can hurt my business instead of just talking to me, even if it means suppressing access to news he thinks is important.”

this stupid fukk threw away the little credibility he had left for that boer too :mjlol:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/02/14/tesla-crash-musk-full-self-driving/#

“The tweet referred to a Post story published Tuesday about Hans von Ohain, a Tesla recruiter who had purchased a car with Full Self-Driving capabilities. Evidence suggests that von Ohain was using the feature when his Tesla Model 3 barreled into a tree and exploded in flames — which, if true, would make him the first documented fatality linked to Full Self-Driving, The Post reported. Von Ohain’s purchase order shows the car was equipped with enhanced features available only to Tesla customers who purchase Full Self-Driving, such as the ability to recognize and react to stop signs and traffic lights.”

This dude Elon is killing people with dangerous software and the government just allows it to happen :gucci:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/02/14/tesla-crash-musk-full-self-driving/#

“The tweet referred to a Post story published Tuesday about Hans von Ohain, a Tesla recruiter who had purchased a car with Full Self-Driving capabilities. Evidence suggests that von Ohain was using the feature when his Tesla Model 3 barreled into a tree and exploded in flames — which, if true, would make him the first documented fatality linked to Full Self-Driving, The Post reported. Von Ohain’s purchase order shows the car was equipped with enhanced features available only to Tesla customers who purchase Full Self-Driving, such as the ability to recognize and react to stop signs and traffic lights.”

This dude Elon is killing people with dangerous software and the government just allows it to happen :gucci:

tesla self-drive ain't working anytime soon without lidar .. or something that does similar ..

:hubie:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Alexei Navalny's wife Yulia Navalnaya has X social media account suspended​

Alexei Navalny's Anti-Corruption Foundation tagged Elon Musk in a post on X, asking him to "please explain exactly which rules were violated" by Yulia Navalnaya for the suspension.

Tuesday 20 February 2024 13:57, UK

skynews-yulia-navalnaya-yulia_6461997.jpg

Image:Yulia Navalnaya, widow of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny. Pic: Navalny Team/AP

Why you can trust Sky News

Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia Navalnaya has had her account suspended on social media platform X.

It is unclear why her account was suspended by the social network, formerly Twitter - which is owned by Elon Musk.

"Account suspended," a notice said on the site.

Mr Navalny, 47, was a high-profile and vocal critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin and had been serving a 19-year prison term when he died on Friday in an Arctic penal colony.

His Anti-Corruption Foundation tagged Mr Musk in a post on X, asking him to "please explain exactly which rules were violated" by Ms Navalnaya for the suspension.

Just over half an hour later, X restored Ms Navalnaya's access to the social media platform.

Earlier today on her X account, Ms Navalnaya urged the Kremlin to "give back Alexei's body and let him be buried with dignity".

On Monday he vowed to continue her husband's fight against the Kremlin - and accused Mr Putin of killing the country's opposition leader in a powerful nine-minute video.

In the video, published on YouTube and shared on X by Mr Navalny's official spokesperson Kira Yarmysh, she also alleged officials' refusal to hand over his body to his mother was part of a cover-up.

"They are cowardly and meanly hiding his body, refusing to give it to his mother and lying miserably while waiting for the trace of" poison to disappear, Ms Navalnaya said.

She suggested her husband might have been killed with a novichok-style nerve agent.

The Kremlin has denied the allegations as "unfounded" and "insolent".

Mr Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: "These are absolutely unfounded, insolent accusations about the head of the Russian state."

In her video statement, Ms Navalnaya said: "By killing Alexei, Putin killed half of me, half of my heart and half of my soul."

"But I still have the other half, and it tells me that I have no right to give up.

"I will continue the work of Alexei Navalny," she said.

Mr Navalny's mother, Lyudmila Navalnaya, said in a video on Tuesday taken outside the barbed wire of the prison where her son died: "For the fifth day, I have been unable to see him. They wouldn't release his body to me.

"And they're not even telling me where he is."

She added: "I'm reaching out to you, Vladimir Putin.

"The resolution of this matter depends solely on you. Let me finally see my son.

"I demand that Alexei's body is released immediately, so that I can bury him like a human being," she said in the footage posted on social media by Mr Navalny's team.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

India farmers' protest: X admits to taking down posts and accounts​

2 hours ago

By Nikhila HenryBBC News, Delhi

Getty Images Demonstrators during a protest by farmers near the Haryana-Punjab state border in Rajpura, Punjab, India, on 21 February

Getty Images

Farmers have been protesting since 13 February, demanding floor pricing for their crops

Social media major X (formerly Twitter) has admitted to taking down accounts and posts related to the ongoing farmers' protests in India.

The site has claimed it took down the pages after the Indian government sent them "executive orders".

The orders were "subject to potential penalties, including imprisonment", X said in a statement, adding that it "disagreed with these actions".

X's clarification was shared on their official handle @GlobalAffairs.

Several activists had earlier complained about their posts being removed.

X user and Indian journalist Mohammed Zubair wrote on Monday that "many influential X accounts" of reporters, influencers and prominent farm unionists covering farmers' protest in India were "suspended".

Mandeep Punia, a journalist, told the BBC that his account and that of his news platform - Gaon Savera - have been withheld.

"We are professional journalists covering rural India. We are reporting from the ground and the government doesn't want that. The government is blocking our voice, but equally this also affects our livelihood, our means of earning a living," he said

In its clarification, X said the accounts and posts were being withheld in India alone "in compliance with the orders".

It, however, added that the platform did not agree with the government action and maintained that "freedom of expression should extend to these posts".

The platform also said it had legally challenged the government's "blocking orders", without specifying which court they had petitioned.

India's main opposition Congress party has criticised the government for the clampdown, accusing it of trying to silence dissenting voices in a democratic country. Several X handles too have criticised the government for shutting down critical social media posts.

The government has yet not responded to the X statement or the BBC's request for a response.

Several farm unions in India have been on strike since 13 February seeking floor pricing, which is also called minimum support price, for their crops. The protesters have been attempting to march to India's capital, Delhi, from the neighbouring states of Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.

But the authorities have heavily barricaded the city borders with barbed wire and cement blocks to stop them. Haryana and Uttar Pradesh states, which are ruled by the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), have deployed a large number of police and paramilitary troops to stop the farmers from reaching Delhi.

Getty Images Police are using water cannons to disperse Indian Youth Congress workers who are protesting in support of farmers in Jaipur, Rajasthan on 21 February.

Getty Images

Opposition parties in India have lent their support to the farmers' protest

Activists say farmers are a major voting bloc in India and the government does not want a protest spectacle - with farmers on tractors and other vehicles - on Delhi roads, especially with general elections due in the next few months.

In 2020, the farmers had started a similar protest and hunkered down at Delhi's borders for months and the government does not want a repeat of that.

While the government has held several rounds of talks with the unions to quell the protests, no consensus has been reached yet. On Wednesday, a 22-year-old protester died during a reported standoff with Haryana police. Punjab state authorities told the BBC that the cause of death was a " bullet wound to the head".

With additional reporting from Yogita Limaye

bnew

Veteran
Daps

'Complete and total fraud': Alex Jones turns on Elon Musk after he's 'massively censored'​

David Edwards

February 26, 2024 1:54PM ET

'Complete and total fraud': Alex Jones turns on Elon Musk after he's 'massively censored'

InfoWars/screen grab

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones lashed out at Elon Musk, the owner of X, and claimed he had been "massively censored" by the billionaire's social media platform.

On his Monday InfoWars program, Jones said that he had important news.

"But we're not sure if Elon Musk is behind this or if it's ghost of the machine, employees and people that, after he goes by and see something happening and freeze it up," he explained. "They come back and incrementally put the shadow-banning systems in place."

"[Infowars] put out one article that just a hundred percent proves in this one area, InfoWars is being massively censored on X, formerly Twitter," he asserted. "This is being blocked because now, when Elon Musk took back over or took it over, what was it a year plus ago? He said he would bring freedom, you know, back."

Despite recently forging an "alliance" with Musk, Jones complained about being unable to access all of X's features.

"I'm calling this... algorithmic shadow-banning or algorithmic throttled shadow-banning where it's done a lot of different ways, but it's definitely going on," he opined. "And so I think we're at the stage here of finding how bad the manipulation is on X, which, you know, it's total on the other platforms."

"We need to have a discussion about that and find out why that is and what changes have been made, or is he doing what Google did 25 years ago where they're open and free at first could get everybody on the platform, and it works so great, and it's so wonderful," he added. "Then over time, they start bringing in controls until now it's a complete and total fraud."

"I mean, is that all he was doing, was buying it?"

Watch the video below from InfoWars.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

'Complete and total fraud': Alex Jones turns on Elon Musk after he's 'massively censored'​

David Edwards

February 26, 2024 1:54PM ET

'Complete and total fraud': Alex Jones turns on Elon Musk after he's 'massively censored''Complete and total fraud': Alex Jones turns on Elon Musk after he's 'massively censored'

InfoWars/screen grab

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones lashed out at Elon Musk, the owner of X, and claimed he had been "massively censored" by the billionaire's social media platform.

On his Monday InfoWars program, Jones said that he had important news.

"But we're not sure if Elon Musk is behind this or if it's ghost of the machine, employees and people that, after he goes by and see something happening and freeze it up," he explained. "They come back and incrementally put the shadow-banning systems in place."

"[Infowars] put out one article that just a hundred percent proves in this one area, InfoWars is being massively censored on X, formerly Twitter," he asserted. "This is being blocked because now, when Elon Musk took back over or took it over, what was it a year plus ago? He said he would bring freedom, you know, back."

Despite recently forging an "alliance" with Musk, Jones complained about being unable to access all of X's features.

"I'm calling this... algorithmic shadow-banning or algorithmic throttled shadow-banning where it's done a lot of different ways, but it's definitely going on," he opined. "And so I think we're at the stage here of finding how bad the manipulation is on X, which, you know, it's total on the other platforms."

"We need to have a discussion about that and find out why that is and what changes have been made, or is he doing what Google did 25 years ago where they're open and free at first could get everybody on the platform, and it works so great, and it's so wonderful," he added. "Then over time, they start bringing in controls until now it's a complete and total fraud."

"I mean, is that all he was doing, was buying it?"

Watch the video below from InfoWars.
How is this psychotic fukkface still even in business?

Wasn't he supposed to pay a goddamn fortune to those Sandy Hook families?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Don Lemon claims Elon Musk has canceled his X show after sitting down with him for interview because he 'didn't like his questions'​

By WILL POTTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 12:39 EDT, 13 March 2024 | UPDATED: 13:04 EDT, 13 March 2024

Former CNN host Don Lemon claims his X show has been cancelled by Elon Musk after the billionaire sat down for an interview.

Lemon claimed that he found out the partnership was over just hours after their sit-down, which was the first episode of his new series, 'The Don Lemon Show.'

'We had a good conversation. Clearly he felt differently,' Lemon said in a scathing statement, in which he said that he had entered an agreement to stream all of his shows on Musk's platform before the rug was pulled.

'His commitment to a global town square where all questions can be asked and all ideas can be shared seems not to include questions of him from people like me.'

Don Lemon revealed Wednesday that his new X show has been canned by Elon Musk after the billionaire became 'so upset' by their unreleased interview

+1
View gallery

Don Lemon revealed Wednesday that his new X show has been canned by Elon Musk after the billionaire became 'so upset' by their unreleased interview

Lemon said that despite the show being cancelled, he will still air the interview with Musk, which covered a wide range of topics 'from SpaceX to the presidential election.'

'This will be just the first of many episodes of The Don Lemon Show,' he added. The interview is set to air on YouTube on March 18.

'While Elon goes back on his word, I will be doubling down on my commitment to free speech and I cannot wait to get started.'

The former CNN anchor was ousted from the network in April 2023 following 17 years with the company, after he sparked backlash with several controversial remarks, including branding Nikki Haley 'past her prime.'

He also faced allegations from female co-workers who claimed that he had a history of misogynistic behavior, which he denied.

After releasing his statement, Lemon took to X to release a video of himself walking through New York, where he claimed Musk was 'so upset' about their interview.

'This does not change anything about the show, except for my relationship with Elon and X,' he said.

'I know that many of you were not happy that I was doing this in the first place, and you told me so.

'I just want you to know that I did this deal because not only do I believe in free speech, but I believed that this was my best possible chance for the work that I'm doing to reach the largest amount of people.'

Lemon said that he sat down with Musk to try and share insights into the billionaire and learn more about him, including why he bought Twitter and pledged to make it a 'town square' for the First Amendment.

'But apparently, free speech absolutism doesn't apply when it comes to questions about him from people like me,' Lemon said.

The journalist refused to say exactly what it was about their interview that angered the billionaire, and told viewers they'd have to tune in next week to find out.