Elly De La Cruz might be the most athletic player in baseball next to Mookie

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
i'm rollin with my boy Ronald Acuna Jr

30/60 club soon come. I dont even need to show the baseball highlights, yall already know what he does on the field

Was this after his ACL injury? If so, then :whoo:

Acuna might legit be a 40/40 candidate this year too. His HR pace is a little behind right now though, but he's on pace for more than 40+ SBs and at least 30+ HRs.

Edit - Nevermind, saw the date on the Tweet.
Gonna say it again. Ronald Acuña Jr. is must see TV!
:wow:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Im honestly starting to really enjoy baseball a hell of a lot more now.

I still can’t get over how members of the board who never were into baseball in here saw the Cubs and Indians, World Series, and were constantly being overwhelmed by the anxiety tied to those tight ball games (pause). :russ:

That shyt was fukking dudes up in here.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Im honestly starting to really enjoy baseball a hell of a lot more now.

I still can’t get over how members of the board who never were into baseball in here saw the Cubs and Indians, World Series, and were constantly being overwhelmed by the anxiety tied to those tight ball games (pause). :russ:

That shyt was fukking dudes up in here.

Baseball is finally getting with the times by promoting the swagger of their young players rather than suppressing it. It also helps that they make MLB TV low price/free through T-Mobile. The pitch clock this season also makes it much easier to digest a 2.5 hour game rather than having it drag out for 3+ hours.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I think it'll take some time to really get the casual fan back into baseball. Even though the Ohtanis, Acunas and De La Cruz's are doing amazing and historical things, casual fans are just used to late June-August being dead outside of summer league and NBA/NFL offseason talk. And the programming of these talk shows reflects that. Baseball is a regional sport, so it's hard to get national attention on it outside of the LCS/WS

I really think the pitch clock and the related rules will increase the popularity tho

yeah , it’s so crazy because going way back on the old site which is hard to believe over 10 years ago of arguing back-and-forth with said posters about MLB being regional vs national

And you’re absolutely right those rule changes definitely help with this ADD era

Who, out of the shows you mentioned, would you bother listening to trying to act like they knew shyt about baseball? Their basketball talk is surface level at best, but easily relatable to people who only like talking bball at surface level (clutch gene, did this team lose the game or that team won it, off-season/trade deadline moves) :yeshrug:

well, that actually is not true besides first take/Stephen A Smith those other 3 are well-versed in major league baseball

Greeny back in the days with his mike and mike show covered MLB excellent
Colin cowherd back in the days when he was with ESPN did it well & I even believe he said he covered the Mariners early in his career
Craig Carton whom many might not know , unless you are a New Yorker hosted and one of the top sporting talkshows in the city and has been doing it for damn near 2 decades and throughout his career, you can easily say 65% of his content was MLB/majority New York Yankees

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
yeah , it’s so crazy because going way back on the old site which is hard to believe over 10 years ago of arguing back-and-forth with said posters about MLB being regional vs national

And you’re absolutely right those rule changes definitely help with this ADD era

well, that actually is not true besides first take/Stephen A Smith those other 3 are well-versed in major league baseball

Greeny back in the days with his mike and mike show covered MLB excellent
Colin cowherd back in the days when he was with ESPN did it well & I even believe he said he covered the Mariners early in his career
Craig Carton whom many might not know , unless you are a New Yorker hosted and one of the top sporting talkshows in the city and has been doing it for damn near 2 decades and throughout his career, you can easily say 65% of his content was MLB/majority New York Yankees
I know all the dudes you're talking about. I grew up on WFAN. Mike & the Maddog. I'm just saying these cats have given up taking baseball talk seriously, even for the casuals.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
It's Elly, Acunas and Tatis.......

Tatis hasn't been getting promoted as much since he got popped for roids but he was doing wild shyt like tagging up on a pop up to 2nd base

Tatis has some crazy plays out of RF this year. You peeped him picking dude off at first with the no look? Replay looked like he was safe, but still :manny:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
It's Elly, Acunas and Tatis.......

Tatis hasn't been getting promoted as much since he got popped for roids but he was doing wild shyt like tagging up on a pop up to 2nd base

I've been playing MLB the Show on PS5 a lot this year. They made Tatis higher overall than Acuna, and the community is legit upset about it (me included). But San Diego Sports makes the game, so it's funny how they're bias towards him but the national media market soured on him for the PEDs :russ:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Tatis has some crazy plays out of RF this year. You peeped him picking dude off at first with the no look? Replay looked like he was safe, but still :manny:

Dude is crushing it out of RF. I miss him at shortstop but he's been incredible in the outfield with the assists and throwouts.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
That's always the biggest variable. I also think you have to wonder what happens when he gets that first big bag. Does the incentive to hustle this hard diminish slightly (if only for self preservation)? :manny:
Trout can’t steal bases no more not cuz he lost speed but cuz the angels won’t let him for fear of injuries

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
like real talk MLB really needs this and these type of players to bring back the national fan base

shyt is crazy, it’s damn near the end of June and on ‘get up’ - ‘first take‘ - ‘the herd’ - ‘carton’ basically all the ESPN/FS1 sport shows are talking about Bradley Beal trade / Lillard going to the Miami Heat / CP3 going to the Lakers or Clippers & the up-and-coming NBA draft this Thursday

no MLB talk at all , its the mid point of the season
Baseball is really hard to market nowadays with oversaturation. People don't really watch nba season because it's 80 games long and baseball is twice as much.

It's also tough to create constant narratives because even on a great baseball team there just isn't enough superstars to make sttorylines appeal to the audience. There's also influx of advanced stats that I don't think casual fans will ever get or accept. Even as something as mild as OPS or launch angle/exit velocity

Even historic rivalries that always were an easy sell don't resonate as well as before. Giants just beat the shyt out of the Dodgers sweeping them with a historic beatdown. Yet even in local bay area papers Draymond opting out takes the first three headlines.