Elly De La Cruz might be the most athletic player in baseball next to Mookie

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Baseball really in a good spot going forward the next few years. Elly is amazing to watch, Acuna is great, Corbin Carrol has become one of the best hitters in the league as a rookie, Randy Arozarena is exciting to watch, Julio Rodriguez, Bo Bichette, Yordan Alvarez and Wander Franco :wow:

Baseball has the best athletes playing in a while and it's very fun to watch. Used to be power or speed and these young guys bringing both and playing premium defensive positions. :blessed:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
like real talk MLB really needs this and these type of players to bring back the national fan base

shyt is crazy, it’s damn near the end of June and on ‘get up’ - ‘first take‘ - ‘the herd’ - ‘carton’ basically all the ESPN/FS1 sport shows are talking about Bradley Beal trade / Lillard going to the Miami Heat / CP3 going to the Lakers or Clippers & the up-and-coming NBA draft this Thursday

no MLB talk at all , its the mid point of the season

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
like real talk MLB really needs this and these type of players to bring back the national fan base

shyt is crazy, it’s damn near the end of June and on ‘get up’ - ‘first take‘ - ‘the herd’ - ‘carton’ basically all the ESPN/FS1 sport shows are talking about Bradley Beal trade / Lillard going to the Miami Heat / CP3 going to the Lakers or Clippers & the up-and-coming NBA draft this Thursday

I think it'll take some time to really get the casual fan back into baseball. Even though the Ohtanis, Acunas and De La Cruz's are doing amazing and historical things, casual fans are just used to late June-August being dead outside of summer league and NBA/NFL offseason talk. And the programming of these talk shows reflects that. Baseball is a regional sport, so it's hard to get national attention on it outside of the LCS/WS

I really think the pitch clock and the related rules will increase the popularity tho

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
i'm rollin with my boy Ronald Acuna Jr

30/60 club soon come. I dont even need to show the baseball highlights, yall already know what he does on the field

Was this after his ACL injury? If so, then :whoo:

Acuna might legit be a 40/40 candidate this year too. His HR pace is a little behind right now though, but he's on pace for more than 40+ SBs and at least 30+ HRs.

Edit - Nevermind, saw the date on the Tweet.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Who, out of the shows you mentioned, would you bother listening to trying to act like they knew shyt about baseball? Their basketball talk is surface level at best, but easily relatable to people who only like talking bball at surface level (clutch gene, did this team lose the game or that team won it, off-season/trade deadline moves) :yeshrug: