Ellen Page calls out Brett Rattner and others

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
When I was sixteen a director took me to dinner (a professional obligation and a very common one). He fondled my leg under the table and said, “You have to make the move, I can’t.” I did not make the move and I was fortunate to get away from that situation. It was a painful realization: my safety was not guaranteed at work. An adult authority figure for whom I worked intended to exploit me, physically. I was sexually assaulted by a grip months later. I was asked by a director to sleep with a man in his late twenties and to tell them about it. I did not. This is just what happened during my sixteenth year, a teenager in the entertainment industry.

She had directors trying to fukk her when she was a teen.

She wasn't "acting" during this scene :francis:

First, it's good that she wrote this piece but unfortunately it's also working against itself. She calls out Ratner, Weinstein and Allen by name, people whose predatory behaviors are now out in the open, but then doesn't call out the two directors messing with her when she was sixteen by name. In other words, she is still complicit to enabling this behavior too by staying silent, either worried about her career or lawsuits for slander. If she was genuinely interested in making a difference, she could have done so by pointing out others instead of just riding the wave in safety.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Lol at all these chicks coming out with their own sob stories. inb4:

-20 years ago steven spielberg brushed past me and touched my hand.
-Spielberg releases statement: Yes this is true and I am now undergoing rehab treatment for my chauvinistic behavior.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
When I was sixteen a director took me to dinner (a professional obligation and a very common one). He fondled my leg under the table and said, “You have to make the move, I can’t.” I did not make the move and I was fortunate to get away from that situation. It was a painful realization: my safety was not guaranteed at work. An adult authority figure for whom I worked intended to exploit me, physically. I was sexually assaulted by a grip months later. I was asked by a director to sleep with a man in his late twenties and to tell them about it. I did not. This is just what happened during my sixteenth year, a teenager in the entertainment industry.

She had directors trying to fukk her when she was a teen.

She wasn't "acting" during this scene :francis:

what is a grip anyway?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First, it's good that she wrote this piece but unfortunately it's also working against itself. She calls out Ratner, Weinstein and Allen by name, people whose predatory behaviors are now out in the open, but then doesn't call out the two directors messing with her when she was sixteen by name. In other words, she is still complicit to enabling this behavior too by staying silent, either worried about her career or lawsuits for slander. If she was genuinely interested in making a difference, she could have done so by pointing out others instead of just riding the wave in safety.
This exactly