Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
better to be completely dishonest than say anything negative about democrats :jayfdup:

I get we need regulations because research and practices can become unethical real quick.

But the idea that people are more creative and innovative if you put parameters on what they can do is :mjlol:

This ain't about being a democrat or conservative. It's simply the concept that these dudes think being put in a box is more conducive to creativity vs giving someone an open canvas.

Like wtf, are we just gonna throw reason out the window because our political beliefs says so?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get we need regulations because research and practices can become unethical real quick.

But the idea that people are more creative and innovative if you put parameters on what they can do is :mjlol:

This ain't about being a democrat or conservative. It's simply the concept that these dudes think being put in a box is more conducive to creativity vs giving someone an open canvas.

Like wtf, are we just gonna throw reason out the window because our political beliefs says so?
yes :jayfdup:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I donated today...don't want to see Warren pushed out by lack of funds before she can hit a debate stage and present some of her policy ideas.
I think the politicalized media is clearly against her. There’s clearly an agenda afoot.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Antitrust does not regulate what you can do, it regulates what you acquire. Google is not more innovative being allowed to snap up companies, they didn’t create those businesses. But what they do is make it nearly impossible for the people who are innovating and creating new businesses to thrive.

These tech giants are well beyond being innovators, they’re the billionaires who have so many resources that they make it harder on everyone who isn’t them. I’m not sure you even understand the number of technologies these comapanies dominate by buying up competition, those who don’t sell can’t compete - from pricing, to generating ad revenue, to seo/sem, brand equity and amplification and so on.

Microsoft was once broken up and the sector didn’t fall apart, fb, goog, amz need to be broken up.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Antitrust does not regulate what you can do, it regulates what you acquire. Google is not more innovative being allowed to snap up companies, they didn’t create those businesses. But what they do is make it nearly impossible for the people who are innovating and creating new businesses to thrive.

These tech giants are well beyond being innovators, they’re the billionaires who have so many resources that they make it harder on everyone who isn’t them. I’m not sure you even understand the number of technologies these comapanies dominate by buying up competition, those who don’t sell can’t compete - from pricing, to generating ad revenue, to seo/sem, brand equity and amplification and so on.

Microsoft was once broken up and the sector didn’t fall apart, fb, goog, amz need to be broken up.

My argument was regulations vs no regulations when it comes to innovation. Not specifically against anti-trust laws.

BTW these giant tech companies are spending billions in R&D.

Google-RD-Spend.jpg

I'd rather remove all the tax loopholes and tax the shyt out of these companies than force them to break up.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My argument was regulations vs no regulations when it comes to innovation. Not specifically against anti-trust laws.

BTW these giant tech companies are spending billions in R&D.

Google-RD-Spend.jpg

I'd rather remove all the tax loopholes and tax the shyt out of these companies than force them to break up.
innovation regulation was never the issue. warren isn't trying to stop them from innovating, she's trying to break up monopolies. and yes, of course they spend tons on r&d, some of it is intentional waste - a loss center to offset profits and tax liability, some of it is actual research done by the parent company, and some of it is the r&d/research budgets of the companies they acquire (the people truly innovating)