Elephant in the weightroom volume 1: Herschel Walker

semtex

:)
Daps
http://theathleticbuild.com/herschel-walker-bio-workout-and-diet-plan/

Workout
If you think Herschel Walker is some kind of weight room warrior you would be wrong, Herschel has never been into weightlifting, all of his exercises are body weight exercises. He started doing sit-ups and push-ups as a kid, as many as 5000 a day and still to this day he does 750-1500 pushups every day as well as 3000 sit ups. He also mixes in 1,500 pull-ups, 1000 dips, and 1000 squats every day. For cardio he will run up to 8 miles and do sprints as well. He also does a regimen of martial arts and MMA after he has completed this workout every morning.

Diet
Herschel’s diet is also a bit on the unorthodox. He does not eat breakfast or lunch. The only meal he eats is dinner which consists of soup, salad and bread. He does not eat red meat but will have chicken on occasion.

semtex

:)
Daps
Is he lying and if so, to what extent?
I understand the genetics argument but soup, salad, and bread only? :rudy: dude is reachin like me at the dinner table.

Also. All those bodyweight exercises he listed don't hit neck and traps, and look at this nikka's neck and traps. :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Had the chance to meet at an Army base 2 years ago. Old head was still looking like a beast :wow:

But like you said, to have those traps only by mostly bodyweight workouts? :francis:

If true, what the fukk? :mindblown:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I can barely do 100 pushups a day. The fukk at 750-1000 daily. When his muscles rest? And how long that take? :why:

But I do believe its all body weight. Pushups and pullups will work all those groups especially at that volume.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Is he lying and if so, to what extent?
I understand the genetics argument but soup, salad, and bread only? :rudy: dude is reachin like me at the dinner table.

Also. All those bodyweight exercises he listed don't hit neck and traps, and look at this nikka's neck and traps. :lupe:
If you looked at his neck in high school.....hella genetics

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjlol:

If that's all he ate he would be injured weekly...

This story has more holes than a swiss cheese factory:why:

May weather does 500 situps a day in peak camp time

This guy does 7-10X that on the daily:usure:

"O.K. friends, let me just state that I have read different accounts with varying numbers attributed to Mr Walker's daily training regimen. I have even seen a video clip with Mr Walker stating that he did 5,000 Push-Ups each day. What does he actually do? I don't know. I'm sure that the only person that truly knows is Herschel Walker. I will say this. If, in fact, he does the volume listed. I'm guessing that he is exercising a bare minimum of 5 hours each day. For example: lets just say that Mr. Walker can complete his 1) Pull-Up workout at the rate of 15 reps every minute including brief rest periods for 100 consecutive minutes or 1 hour and 40 minutes, that's just one exercise and it's nearly two hours right there. Lets also say that he can perform an average of 25 reps on 2) Push-Ups each and every minute. That would require another 80 minutes. 3) 3000 sit-ups and crunches let's say 25 per minute, that's another 120 minutes (2 hours). 4) 1,000 triceps dips with rests lets just say another 60 minutes or 1- hour. 5) 1,000 squats lets say 30 minutes.

Now lets add that all up 100 + 80 + 120 + 60 + 30 = 390 minutes= 6 hours and 30 minutes in addition to all of that he runs. From my perspective this a Mighty Gama style workout and it sounds super human because it is super human. Needless to say, no matter how you cut it, it's incredible. For a frame of reference there is no way that I could do a 360 rep chinning workout in less than an hour and Mr. Walker is doing more than 4 times as many plus everything else that he does. To me he is nothing less than superhuman."

Last edited: