Elderly black man's reaction to black youth using the N word

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
"You the ones that we learned it from -- I heard nikka back in 1971"

We can't blame the youth for everything.

Midrash

All Star
Daps
I stopped saying nikka for pride reasons but I still side eye a lot of black people IRL I know who don't say it because they desperately seek white people's approval. :mjpls:

I don't mind people stopping it but they need to stop it for the right reasons, not because they bringing back Mr. Bojangles to a NEEEEEW generation. :sas2:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I believe using the word freely negates a bit of its power. 10 years ago if a white guy called you the n word you couldn't do anything but smile through clenched teeth. But now its something we retain power over them with. if you call a white person a cracker you're not going to offend them. Hopefully through continued devaluation of the word we can reach that point

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
What's the name of it? I wanna see this

Dr King also said it. "Martin used it,' Cornel West said. "The day he died he saw Andrew Young and said "There's my nikka." It's part of the black preacher culture. That's where Jesse gets it from. Now, Martin was a sterling figure as a citizen, the greatest love and freedom fighter- cat's willing to die for us any minute . If you love negroes as much as he did, I guess he can call us anything he want because the love is still there, you know."

Pg. 170, Who's Afraid of Post-Blackness.

Last edited:

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Dr King also said it. "Martin used it,' Corenl West said. "The day he died he saw Andrew Young and said "There's my nikka." It's part of the black preacher culture. That's where Jesse gets it from. Now, Martin was a sterling figure as a citizen, the greatest love and freedom fighter- cat's willing to die for us any minute . If you love negroes as much as he did, I guess he can call us anything he want because the love is still there, you know."

Pg. 170, Who's Afraid of Post-Blackness.
I've been through many google searches for this info :dwillhuh:

Still a bad word regardless