Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
FYI New Zealand trick to access the DLC works on the xbox.
Gaddman it. This whole time I thought I could just jump Into the DLC not realising I started a New game +
nRAmWW6.png

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
New game plus mohg finessed with the shackle rot and bleed knives.. Time to start the DLC

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
So I beat Radahan but now I'm stuck on the valiant gargoyle. Did my googles and realized he's only optional. Where am I supposed to go next if I've already beat godrick, rennala and Radahan?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So I beat Radahan but now I'm stuck on the valiant gargoyle. Did my googles and realized he's only optional. Where am I supposed to go next if I've already beat godrick, rennala and Radahan?

Consecrated snowfields, find the two pieces of the secret medallion to use the lift to go up a level. Once you get there on the west side of the map on a lower cliff side past some red flowers (with bears around) you should be able to find a gateway portal to take you down to MOHGs palace, you still have a bit of traveling to do to get there though. You beat Mohg And thats it.

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Consecrated snowfields, find the two pieces of the secret medallion on on the west side of the map on a lower cliff side past some red flowers (with bears around) you should be able to find a gateway portal to take you down to MOHGs palace, you still have a bit of traveling to do to get there though. You beat Mohg And thats it.
What? Don't I have like 2 or 3 more main mission demigods to go after?

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Issues with Elden Ring's difficulty in the new Shadow of the Erdtree DLC have been addressed, with a change to Shadow Realm Blessings in the latest update. Now the attack and damage negation has been increased at first, but will gradually level off. Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Gets First Patch in Update 1.12.2 - IGN

@CohhCarnage

After looking at the @ELDENRING patch notes this morning (they're making the game easier basically) it looks like they're making some nuanced changes to... Encourage players to explore the world more to decrease the difficulty by upping the effect of Scadutree fragments.…

https://twitter.com/Kingsgrave_?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1805917336123425028|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=
@Kingsgrave_

saw this going around, if this is accurate, 12 seems like the largest increase where you gain 25% more in this patch than before and then every bit after that is just 2.5% more I completed the game at 14 which would be 20% stronger in this patch.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This genre and this game continue to be probably the most polarizing for me in all my gaming years.
I've always recognized the allure and appreciated the character designs, the level/map design, the atmosphere, etc.
The gameplay loop, while I've always respected people's appreciation of it, never fully clicked with me.
I've said before, I enjoy difficult games; it's the chip damage > dodge dodge dodge > chip > dodge > chip > get hit and lose 75% of your life > dodge dodge > Heal > get hit > so on and so forth that for me...just didn't do it for me.

All that said about a month or two before the DLC came out I got the itch to play the game again and I've been playing it quite a bit.
Actually, more so than Warzone which has been my most played game on a regular basis for a while.
I don't know how long I'll stick with the game but right now I've been really enjoying myself.
I still don't understand where I'm supposed to go and what items are supposed to do half the time but that in itself has yielded benefits.
In my blind wandering, I've spent a lot of time in areas that I didn't realize it was far too early for me to be in.
I forced myself to stick with it thinking "this game is supposed to be hard right?".
Now that I've back tracked and started to head down the more direct "story" path, I find myself mopping the floor with enemies I used to have to run away from.

So yeah....I get it, it's all part of the experience.
I can see how this game would definitely not be for some people and that doesn't make them a casual gamer for it.
It really is a time sink and not everyone is down for that.
But I also see why people love it.
Realistically, I don't know if I'll beat the game because....life and commitments...but for what it is right now...the game is dope.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Turned off ray tracing. Like night and day. Can't believe I didn't try this before