Edge of Eternity (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX/S, Switch)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
21 hours into this. Not bad not great. The battle system has some challenges like the fact that you often have just two characters and will often go against 5 or 6. The main female mage is a very slow glass cannon and if the main male swordsman goes down she becomes worthless. The difficulty has a large spike 15-20 hours in as the enemies get tougher and the large groups of them just pound on your 2 characters until they fall.

The crafting system is a nightmare of having to craft items to use those crafted items to craft weapons and armor.

The weapon system involves putting crystals on weapons and leveling weapons up. When you craft a new weapon you have to level it up to get all the slots so you strip down to a crystal or two and lose some attacks and stats until you level up the new weapon.

The main character is pretty much an a$$hole. He's kinda like a genre savy guy that almost realizes he's in a JRPG like game and lampshades all the tropes.

There's better games I could be playing like Cyberpunk or Horizon but I'll be finishing this one first.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I love me a good JRPG, but going by the responses this looks like something I should skip. I'll try it for a few hours to see though. I was spoiled by Tales last year.