Eddie Murphy's Worst Movie?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
what was his worst movie?

do you unironically enjoy any of his "bad" movies? Vampire In Brooklyn and The Golden Child are pretty wack, but they're fun to watch.

If I had to pick his worst film... I personally would pick Norbit. what about you??

dkrqf8.png

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
what was his worst movie?

do you unironically enjoy any of his "bad" movies? Vampire In Brooklyn and The Golden Child are pretty wack, but they're fun to watch.

If I had to pick his worst film... I personally would pick Norbit. what about you??

dkrqf8.png
A stunt woman died on the set of Vampire In Brooklyn...

I remember watching Golden Child not bad, same for Norbit

All his movies are not the worst (even Pluto Nash), it's just he hit the ceiling really early in his career. Then he would have a (The Nutty Professor, Life) and a lot of not bad movies...Metro, Showtime etc

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
and Norbit is widely considered to be what ruined Eddie Murphy's Oscar chances for Dreamgirls.
How does that work when Sandra Bullock won her Oscar for The Blind Side when she also had All About Steve at the same time? She got all the praise and awards for Blind Side and the Razzie, a box office bomb and 6% on rotten tomatoes for Steve...

What gives? As if we don't know?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
How does that work when Sandra Bullock won her Oscar for The Blind Side when she also had All About Steve at the same time? She got all the praise and awards for Blind Side and the Razzie, a box office bomb and 6% on rotten tomatoes for Steve...

this man knows his cactresses, god damn:whew:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I absolutely agree with what you're getting at, but when an actor does a :trash: movie that ruins their award chances they call it 'Norbiting,' not 'All About Steve-ing.' :mjpls:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I saw a lot of the bad ones when I was a kid, because Murphy had the name brand, and we were kids who saw almost every movie we could, this was late 90's

Holy Man
Bowfinger

were two of the top of my head, that I remember even at a young age thinking were just not right. Like we were wanting to laugh but didn't, because we were kids, because it was Eddie, it was a comedy. I also did not think The Nutty Professor 2 was funny at all, and I saw in theaters, but it was kind of a iconic movie in it's time.

Metro was one I liked in 1997. The stretch of movies from 1999 to like 2010 is really hilariously bad,

I Spy
Showtime
Norbit
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Daddy Day Care
The Haunted Mansion
Dave
Dr Dolittle 2

I saw not one of those.