EDDIE MURPHY - Candy Cane Lane - Official Teaser Trailer | Prime Video

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why are we acting like this isn't the guy who did Daddy Day Care?

If we take into consideration the totality of his career, he's probably done more bubblegum or borderline corny shyt than edgy shyt at this point.

The Eddie y'all want simply might not be the Eddie he is.

:yeshrug:

I won't watch but I hope the money was good

Agreed but Daddy Day Care is underrated, didn't realize until I dealt with a godson and also had a kid of my own :mjlol:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia

If we take into consideration the totality of his career, he's probably done more bubblegum or borderline corny shyt than edgy shyt at this point.

Exactly. Eddie has figured out HIS formula by now. He knows he will forever be mentioned off the shyt he did in the 80's. Once the 90's hit he started going for what probably offered the most money for the least work or just what personally interested in him. And once his core fans start saying he's lost it he takes a role that gives us hope again. I remember his "comebacks' with The Nutty Professsor Dreamgirls Tower Heist and then Dolemite.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The nikka is 60...he has grandkids. No he isnt giving you the same rapid fire, raunchy, no fukks given shyt he was giving you when he was college age 40 years ago. Its like expecting Jordan to go out there are dunk on 3 nikkas at his current age. And his fanbase is old to. We got kids and grandkids. Its the smart play to lean into the family stuff. My kids liked it...requested to watch it again. Not my Eddie but its cool to enjoy an Eddie movie with them.