Earth Wind & Fire OR Parliament/Funkadelic? poll added

Who you with?

• EARTH WIND & FIRE

• PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I gotta go with The Elements. That's my favorite group of all time.
Just came back in to reaffirm this.

I absolutely LOVE EWF to death. Soooo thankful I got to see them live at least once in my lifetime, just wish Maurice was still alive and with them when I saw them.

Again....THE GREATEST band that ever was.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California

You don't want it with P-funk, ask Earth, Hot Air & No Fire, they don't want with P-funk

Heard this song a bunch of times and never caught the shots they were throwing..... RUFUS,James Brown, EWF, KOOL&THEGANG. SLY & THE FAMILY STONE.

I feel the same EWF has always been extremely overrated and corny in in my book save for maybe 2-3 songs. I will say I've never deep dived into their albums like that. But parliament/ funkadelic was always played in my house growing up so they win this hands down

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not my era but hard choice. For pure listening I would go with Parliment. I feel like if you was a young black kid in the inner city at that time, you probably gonna be rocking with Parliment more than EWF. Like them dudes had swagger like rappers. EWF was soulful in a different way, a more mature way.

I love EWF though. A trick that I don’t even be telling people is, when looking for samples, I will look at all the members of EWF. Then I take a horn player or something, and look up they stuff outside of EWF. You can find some dope shyt no one touched with this method.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:patrice: Parliament/Funkadelic, both factions got busy

This is all of off of one Parliament album and they were considered the 'tame' side

Something like this has multiple styles combined into one joint

:scust:

:manny:

we could probably go back and forth on this for weeks/haven't even got into the funkadelic stuff yet which was on some totally different shyt. There are some groups like War (my personal fav of all time) that got extremely busy on that music shyt too. Severely underrated.

They had range for sure, EWF though had more. Hikey, all the Funk bands in the 1970s could play at least 4-5 styles of music.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I love EWF though. A trick that I don’t even be telling people is, when looking for samples, I will look at all the members of EWF. Then I take a horn player or something, and look up they stuff outside of EWF. You can find some dope shyt no one touched with this method.

What I used to do when my buddy was trying his hand at making beats was similar.
You know how BIG put Kim and Junior Mafia on. They were basically side projects of his.

Lot of the 70s superstars had side projects like that too, usually putting their people with leftover music. GOLDMINE.

Example
Love Unlimited which was put together by Barry White
R-580795-1582779306-9748.jpeg.jpg

Brides of Funkenstein put together by George Clinton
R-702454-1542840731-4819.jpeg.jpg

1970s music>any other decade

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What I used to do when my buddy was trying his hand at making beats was similar.
You know how BIG put Kim and Junior Mafia on. They were basically side projects of his.

Lot of the 70s superstars had side projects like that too, usually putting their people with leftover music. GOLDMINE.

Example
Love Unlimited which was put together by Barry White
R-580795-1582779306-9748.jpeg.jpg

Brides of Funkenstein put together by George Clinton
R-702454-1542840731-4819.jpeg.jpg

1970s music>any other decade

Yep, all those side projects be having some gold. And yeah man, I have to agree with 70s music being the best era even though I didn’t grow up in that era. When you make beats, you realize every single thing from the 70s been taken lol. But you always find yourself back in the 70s. I even be looking for late 60s and early 80s music to find more of that 70s sound. The 60s wasn’t melodic and soulful enough, and the 80s got too much going on, from a sampling perspective

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a pre-teen grew up on Funkadelic, as a teen listened to EWF. Sentimental attachment to both groups. I would pick Parliament/Funkadelic only personally. This can not be taken as a slight. I could be a bigger SLAVE fan than both. To me there is no best...hell throw in Ohio Players. It’s like saying which child do you love the most.