EA Sports executive: 'NCAA Football' video game will return sooner or later

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Fans of the NCAA Football video game franchise have reason to be optimistic about its return

If EA Sports gets its way, you won't have to rely on old versions of the "NCAA Football" video game to get you through the summer. Or on our hypothetical "NCAA Football" position ratings, which you can see here and here courtesy of shameless plugs.

According to one EA executive, the beloved, defunct video game is bound to make a comeback sooner or later.

"One day, I know we'll be back," said EA's Chief Competition Officer Peter Moore in an interview with IGN.

The last edition of the franchise was "NCAA Football 14." By that time, both EA and the NCAA (along with Collegiate Licensing Company) were at the center of major litigation started by former college athletes demanding compensation for the use of their likeness. Eventually, the legal process rolled into the more all-encompassing Ed O'Bannon antitrust case. In the fallout of NCAA Football's demise, players began receiving checks for the use of their likeness.

"What happened is 'NCAA Football' became the lightning rod for bigger issues regarding college athletes getting paid for their performances, not only in football, but all college sports," Moore said.

There have been passing rumors that "NCAA Football" was making a comeback, but this is the most concrete evidence that such hopes will come to fruition. Exactly when that will happen, though, is unknown.

"NCAA Football" is indeed missed, and it will be a great day if/when it returns. But if it does make a comeback, it needs to do so under the right -- and legal -- circumstances.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I liked NCAA so much more than Madden.

Picking some random school and trying to turn them into a powerhouse :ohlawd:
I loved how they worked hand in hand, being a player and importing him into madden for your career:wow:
Or using a draft class that you actually know....i hope its back within two years

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Probably would sell better than Live at this point so it might be worth it to go ahead and pay the players however much and get people buying two football games a year again.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I still don't understand why would they make fake players too close like their counterparts
they should just make it and make every player 7 foot 300lbs

nerds will edit it and we can feast :blessed:

Y'all might be onto something. Just give schools overall ratings and randomize the stats/names/appearances. The player stats can be random but similar to the school they go to

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't understand why would they make fake players too close like their counterparts
The thought was people wouldn't buy if they didn't have authentic current players. See games like apf 2k8. However, I'm not sure this is the case or it shouldn't be.
Y'all might be onto something. Just give schools overall ratings and randomize the stats/names/appearances. The player stats can be random but similar to the school they go to

This always sounded like a great idea to me. Especially with the current climate of sports games moving from a game of replicating players on the field to basically become fantasy based.

Look at every sports game out now. I saw people losing their minds over madden ratings when they dropped. Im thinking "who gives of fuk, when all people are going to do day 1 is hop on buy their coins for mut and play cfm". Peasonally, I think mut is :gag: and so is cfm to a lesser extent. But I don't like fantasy so that's me. But its the same way with 2k, fifa, mlb the show ect.

Im such a football fan though as long as gameplay is str8 im with it. I like collge for the contrasting styles of play and team ability rather then individual players.

Give the teams the right stadiums, rankings, conferences, and let it ride. They still could have mut type plays so EA can get their precious money.

But tbh we wont get a new game till the power 5 conferences break away from the ncaa. So at least another 5 years.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
they should just make it and make every player 7 foot 300lbs

nerds will edit it and we can feast :blessed:

The thought was people wouldn't buy if they didn't have authentic current players. See games like apf 2k8. However, I'm not sure this is the case or it shouldn't be.

This always sounded like a great idea to me. Especially with the current climate of sports games moving from a game of replicating players on the field to basically become fantasy based.

Look at every sports game out now. I saw people losing their minds over madden ratings when they dropped. Im thinking "who gives of fuk, when all people are going to do day 1 is hop on buy their coins for mut and play cfm". Peasonally, I think mut is :gag: and so is cfm to a lesser extent. But I don't like fantasy so that's me. But its the same way with 2k, fifa, mlb the show ect.

Im such a football fan though as long as gameplay is str8 im with it. I like collge for the contrasting styles of play and team ability rather then individual players.

Give the teams the right stadiums, rankings, conferences, and let it ride. They still could have mut type plays so EA can get their precious money.
first the sec backed out and said they couldn't used they teams names or anything, and then the rest of the schools did. People would buy if they randomized the players, but not if it ain't the real teams

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first the sec backed out and said they couldn't used they teams names or anything, and then the rest of the schools did. People would buy if they randomized the players, but not if it ain't the real teams
if they could get the power 5 I think that would be enough for a game, possibly.