EA: New Skate game in development.

L2014

Banned
Daps
Im on Board:jawalrus:

Hopefully they make it more RPG

Comin up you had to know somebody that could hardflip or variel heel YouTube was trash for learning new shyt in 07 and before then you had to have a vhs or dvd of your favorite team to pick up something or be inspired (shouts out to Kareem Campbell, Stevie Williams, TK, Jamie Thomas, all of Zero, Baker, Almost:wow:)

The game shouldn’t tell you how to do something you should learn it in the world

You should have to practice it and get your stats up no loading in and doing a 720 laser to noseblunt off 20 stairs out the gate

when you play an online game of S.K.A.T.E you should see clear skill gaps like maybe this cat can’t skate switch maybe my Nollie off stairs is trash he can’t nosegrind I can’t feeble

But doing the shyt back to back and trying new moves in different settings should make you better

Slowly your ollies get higher and your 180 FS flips land cleaner

Make hall of meat something to think about like break an ankle lose a couple moves and come back with lower stats just get back on the board n put the time in

I want to see branching paths, like how there’s folks that dust everyone in your hood but never been sponsored or competed or the sponsor that isn’t as good as you but they met characters and made tapes

I want money to matter, make us buy everything from vans to cameras to bearings. I want actual shops. Let a new spot be unwaxed and add a mini game. I want the corner of shoes to get smooth or boards to chip and snap. Have a coop for filming parts or just group freeskate so the community can be more connected.

Make sponsorships have different levels of revenue from free boards with film or mag obligations to bread with competition placement

For the love of god no micro transactions.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The game shouldn’t tell you how to do something you should learn it in the world

You should have to practice it and get your stats up no loading in and doing a 720 laser to noseblunt off 20 stairs out the gate

when you play an online game of S.K.A.T.E you should see clear skill gaps like maybe this cat can’t skate switch maybe my Nollie off stairs is trash he can’t nosegrind I can’t feeble

But doing the shyt back to back and trying new moves in different settings should make you better
giphy.gif

But the original control scheme already handled that. Either you could bust that 360 kickflip on demand or you couldn't, and you had to practice the stick movements to be confident. I ended my boy's whole career when I turned the controller upside down and hit him with that nollie 360 kickflip when he was on SKAT :mjlol:.

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Skate 3 was the first game in the series that I played.
I was terrible at it for months.
One of the higher learning curve games Ive come across in a while.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Whats up with all these upcoming Skateboarding games:dwillhuh:
Absolutely none were released or even promised for a whole console generation so a couple of indie games for started up. These developers sat back for years and watch them get crowd funded and the hype built...and now as they're gaining funding and momentum have basically just put them in the grave.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:lupe:is fight night next?
Don't sound like it breh...

Eddie Hearn hinted something is coming but all bytchass EA has announced is AJ and Fury on the UFC 4 roster...

Skateboarders get games, we get told go buy UFC 4...:francis:

At this point, you can't find a more disrespected group by the video game industry than boxing heads...

L2014

Banned
Daps
giphy.gif

But the original control scheme already handled that. Either you could bust that 360 kickflip on demand or you couldn't, and you had to practice the stick movements to be confident. I ended my boy's whole career when I turned the controller upside down and hit him with that nollie 360 kickflip when he was on SKAT :mjlol:.
If you skate you know style is a huge part of your favorites. I started relaxing my push to be like Jerry Hsu when I was a kid, nobody can tre flip like Andrew Reynolds even in Skate 2 that shyt is beautiful.

What I’m saying is you should be able to customize the physical style of your skater more than just reg/goofy

The same way you customize your shot in 2k

They lowkey wasting mocap files

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you skate you know style is a huge part of your favorites. I started relaxing my push to be like Jerry Hsu when I was a kid, nobody can tre flip like Andrew Reynolds even in Skate 2 that shyt is beautiful.

What I’m saying is you should be able to customize the physical style of your skater more than just reg/goofy

The same way you customize your shot in 2k

They lowkey wasting mocap files

That’s why skater XL is so dope to me. You can do a kickflip but in multiple ways ie high-pop, slow flip or quicker mellow ones, etc. if you botch the flick you’ll still kickflip but Itll rocket-flip and look gross:mjlol:, but that just makes it more satisfying when you land something “clean”:wow: