DYEL...........With Straps & Belts That Is?

Use Straps Or Belts?

• Total voters

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Them Inzer belts are legit, top notch quality :obama: is yours single/double pronged or one of them new lever types?

d78dc61c-98b4-48d0-92fc-0d2eced802f6_zps2d046c3b.jpg

^^^ I'm currently rocking a RDX belt because INZER wanna charge me close to $300 dollars for the belt & there is like a 6-8 weeks waiting period....:camby:

Likewise I'm heavily dependent on straps when I'm doing ad hoc lifts like double paused DL's, Rack & Block pulls/, SLDL/RDL work etc.

Spare tire season is in full flow at the moment #HulkBulk :myman:

You doing it right breh, I save the belt, chalk & wraps intervention for the heavy working sets i.e.. whenever I'm going for a 1RM or a Reps PBR attempts.

I introduce aids strategically e.g on squats;
First comes the neoprene belt
Then I chuck in them Knee wraps
Then I swap out the flimsy material belt for a proper power lifting belt
By the time its Topset+ I end up looking Robocop in the rack with all the gear I'm flexing :pachaha:
I have a lever. Prongs suck, leaver gives tight fit and can adjust easy for when you bulk or cut. I paid 110 or so for mine shipped, you must be outside the U.S.?

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
I have a lever. Prongs suck, leaver gives tight fit and can adjust easy for when you bulk or cut. I paid 110 or so for mine shipped, you must be outside the U.S.?

Makes sense... I get that, my RDX one has got the lever mechanism as well, easily adjustable & they feel more snug & compact for when you really reliant on some decent intra-abdominal pressure!

Yea fam, I'm in the UK so them heavy duty taxes + overseas post & package surcharges would end up stinging my wallet hard!

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Ive never used a belt, what are the benefits ?

Doesnt it hinder if you wear it all the time ?

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores

Basically think of a belt as a performance enhancer. Now if you are lifting correctly, in theory your midsection should be strong enough to support itself through the vast majority of tasks you put it through. You may be limited in how much weight you can lift, but you are not in any significant danger of injury without it. The power lifting belt really comes into play when you need the extra support to get after heavy weights.

Heard of the Valsalva technique? This is basically a technique where you take a big gulp of air into your belly, than trying to exhale forcefully with a closed throat. The pressure should push your belly into the belt and increase the intra-abdominal pressure around your mid region. This should also force your lower back into an arch naturally. Again, it’s really important to push your abs out to get the pressure, not tighten the belt as much as possible. Bette yet just Google/Youtube - Valsalva manoeuvre.

Second point is correct, constant belt usage will hinder 'nautral core& back developments. You shouldn't wear your belt for every exercise because you still want to allow your back and abdominal muscles to function normally. Only reserve the use for heavy special exercises, I work up without it, than put it on when I relally need it.

For technical lifts like squatting and speed squatting, I would get it earlier because filling the belt up is an important technical cue that you need to practice.

Don’t wear it for light assistance work, it shouldn’t be necessary, & ff you wear your belt while doing curls, make sure that you’re wearing colour coordinated fingerless gloves. Straps are optional for this....:troll:

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Gives your abdominals something to push off of, helping you maintain a more neutral spine. Adds some good pounds to your squat and deadlift.
Them Inzer belts are legit, top notch quality :obama: is yours single/double pronged or one of them new lever types?

d78dc61c-98b4-48d0-92fc-0d2eced802f6_zps2d046c3b.jpg

^^^ I'm currently rocking a RDX belt because INZER wanna charge me close to $300 dollars for the belt & there is like a 6-8 weeks waiting period....:camby:

You doing it right breh, I save the belt, chalk & wraps intervention for the heavy working sets i.e.. whenever I'm going for a 1RM or a Reps PBR attempts.

I introduce aids strategically e.g on squats;
First comes the neoprene belt
Then I chuck in them Knee wraps
Then I swap out the flimsy material belt for a proper power lifting belt

Yeah I try to go beltless as much as possible. This is as much core stimulation as I get because I'm lazy as fuk to hit abs.

Inzer is lifetime warranty tho breh. There are other good belt manufacturers too (Titan, Bob's, Best Belts). Ever check out those guys? Maybe they don't rape you on shipping like Inzer does.