Dutch (Schwarzenegger)’s character intro in Predator was some next level swag shyt

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:snoop:The only mistake with the opening of Predator. Is telling the audience that an alien, is in the movie. Can you imagine the reaction from the audience. Thinking they’re about to watch a regular Arnold movie. And it turns into a horror movie.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The first 20 minutes of that film is some of the best film making of all time.

It gives you all the story and character building you need to take you through the rest of the film
Even crazier to me is that the director not only dropped a perfect movie, he dropped a perfect movie again a year later: Die Hard. Both of which completely nail everything about characters, pacing, action, etc. The way even minor characters are memorable in both movies. The way characters are introduced and defined with one scene, from which you feel like you know everything about them. No long backstories, no flashbacks.

I feel the same way about Raiders Of The Lost Arc and The Matrix. You rarely see shyt like that anymore where a clear blueprint is followed perfectly, every scene works and it's just bam-bam-bam in terms of the pacing. Only movie I've seen in the last decade or so that gave me that vibe was Fury Road.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Even crazier to me is that the director not only dropped a perfect movie, he dropped a perfect movie again a year later: Die Hard. Both of which completely nail everything about characters, pacing, action, etc. The way even minor characters are memorable in both movies. The way characters are introduced and defined with one scene, from which you feel like you know everything about them. No long backstories, no flashbacks.

I feel the same way about Raiders Of The Lost Arc and The Matrix. You rarely see shyt like that anymore where a clear blueprint is followed perfectly, every scene works and it's just bam-bam-bam in terms of the pacing. Only movie I've seen in the last decade or so that gave me that vibe was Fury Road.
I got that from Top Gun Maverick, and hadn't in a while before that.

EDIT: Not the pacing though, that was an A- with everything else being an A+

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
And he was the lead dog in a film full of dogs.
You got Jesse Ventura with a mouth full of tobacco calling a bunch of alpha males "slack jawed faggits", Call Of Duty level guns going off and tearing through opps like crazy, Mortal Kombat fatality level killings....and the entire film has ONE FEMALE in it
Definitely the most testosteroned swagged out film of all time.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Thanks for this thread made me go watch it for the 1st time
And don't try to give me shyt for just now seeing it everytime it was on tv it was in the middle of it :ufdup:
Movie was amazing. Straight action no bullshyt filler or bullshyt romance to try to attract women.
The last act is :whoo:
The 1st act is :whew:
The 2nd act is :banderas:

One of the greatest movies I've ever seen :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Thanks for this thread made me go watch it for the 1st time
And don't try to give me shyt for just now seeing it everytime it was on tv it was in the middle of it :ufdup:
Movie was amazing. Straight action no bullshyt filler or bullshyt romance to try to attract women.
The last act is :whoo:
The 1st act is :whew:
The 2nd act is :banderas:

One of the greatest movies I've ever seen :banderas:
That's phenomenal breh. What a privilege to watch this masterpiece for the first time now :blessed:

What's your favorite quote?

"IF IT BLEEDS...WE CAN KILL IT :demonic:"

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
And he was the lead dog in a film full of dogs.
You got Jesse Ventura with a mouth full of tobacco calling a bunch of alpha males "slack jawed faggits", Call Of Duty level guns going off and tearing through opps like crazy, Mortal Kombat fatality level killings....and the entire film has ONE FEMALE in it
Definitely the most testosteroned swagged out film of all time.

And the female was WEAK....in today's movies they are just as strong if not stronger

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I remember being a young boy when this came out and my cousin sitting on the bunk beds telling us the entire movie scene by scene and that nikka being HYPED!

He was like even the NERD had MUSCLES nikka!!! Everyone was cock diesel!!! I could not wait to see this movie! Finally watched it on VHS years later I think.

Phenomenal movie. Love how it seems like a regular mission and flips. The way the team is incredulous that there was something out there they couldn’t kill.