Dutch Company ASML ..How Did We Allow This To Happen??

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.jpg

One of the most important reads of the 21st century. This book goes into detail about ASML and how they are one of the most critical and valuable companies in the world and the way the story breaks down is truly mind blowing. Highly recommend if you want more than a 10 minute YouTube.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
1.jpg

One of the most important reads of the 21st century. This book goes into detail about ASML and how they are one of the most critical and valuable companies in the world and the way the story breaks down is truly mind blowing. Highly recommend if you want more than a 10 minute YouTube.
I have the audiobook

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About 1/3 ... some of the history was too long winded and boring
Especially about that fakkit Shockley
Yeah dude was a piece of shyt :mjlol: Literal scum but integral to the development of Silicon Valley. I found some of the early history of Silicon Valley to be some of the most interesting bits of the book, largely because it was unknown to me.

The Moore’s Law shyt was crazy too and the beginning of Sony. Definitely keep goin tho. Let it rock for a long drive or commute you have

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
The chip race is going to be something for next 10-30 years. :huhldup:

Taiwain is definitely getting slumped by China sometime soon too.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that Taiwan is far ahead in alot of areas now if they invade them and take over that’s different

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
"how did we allow this to happen"

anti intellectualism is the movement of the times. you are surrounded by people who look at the fruits of science with only suspicion while benefiting from all the technological advancements we made in the past. other societies might start to get a foothold while you have country men trying to write back in creationism into curriculum i dunno...

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I wish an African country had this technology sewn up
That would have been a net benefit for the whole continent
They have the raw materials. They can upscale.

Unfortunately the talent leaves Africa to not come back. I think if more countries offer the opportunity for dual citizenship it can begin to shift at a glacial pace. But it can shift.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
I find it more amazing that China hasnt already hacked them and stole their designs. Same for TSMC too.

It's kinda silly that folks think they can hide a publicly known device from an industrial superpower in 2024. In the pre Internet era, they couldn't even keep the nuclear bomb a secret in the 50s, before half a dozen countries had their own copies.
They tried.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
They have the raw materials. They can upscale.

Unfortunately the talent leaves Africa to not come back. I think if more countries offer the opportunity for dual citizenship it can begin to shift at a glacial pace. But it can shift.
Corruption and political instability have played a major part in holding Africa back
Raw materials,talent and cheap labor have always been in abundance
So they should have as many high tech multinationals churning out products as in Asian countries
It's a damn shame