Dumbass Sony’s PS5 Update fukked Up My Expansion SSD

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last time I played my PS5 was on the 25th of July. It’s been unplugged since then so I set it back up this morning around 2 AM to download the MK1 Beta and get in a few matches. I get it set up and do a system update and am trying to download the Beta and it’s showing an error in the downloads section. So I say fukk it and shut it down fully and boot it back up.

Now I’m at a screen saying it’s repairing my M2 SSD. Now i’m looking like :comeon: cause ai know it’s about to be some bullshyt. Now I’m sitting here waiting and I’m seeing it’s stuck on 67% for a good half hour.:what: Shut down, reboot, repair M2 storage and it’s stuck on 67%. :beli: So I take out the SSD and it boots up fine.:snoop:

I’ve tried going into safe mode and clearing cache and rebuilding the database but it still doesn’t work. Just now I tried reupdating the software update but same issue. I dropped $280 on this 2 TB SSD so I’m fukking pissed.:demonic:

Gonna try to format the SSD and then Reset the PS5 completely. If that doesn’t work then I’ll have to pray the warranty still covers this SSD.:beli:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why did you unplug your PS5?

sounds like the system might’ve somehow handled it as being powered off abruptly since you mentioned it attempting to repair the drive…the only time I’ve gotten that message is when I actually did power off or unplug my PS5 abruptly…in my case the repair was successful tho after a while

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Last time I played my PS5 was on the 25th of July. It’s been unplugged since then so I set it back up this morning around 2 AM to download the MK1 Beta and get in a few matches. I get it set up and do a system update and am trying to download the Beta and it’s showing an error in the downloads section. So I say fukk it and shut it down fully and boot it back up.

Now I’m at a screen saying it’s repairing my M2 SSD. Now i’m looking like :comeon: cause ai know it’s about to be some bullshyt. Now I’m sitting here waiting and I’m seeing it’s stuck on 67% for a good half hour.:what: Shut down, reboot, repair M2 storage and it’s stuck on 67%. :beli: So I take out the SSD and it boots up fine.:snoop:

I’ve tried going into safe mode and clearing cache and rebuilding the database but it still doesn’t work. Just now I tried reupdating the software update but same issue. I dropped $280 on this 2 TB SSD so I’m fukking pissed.:demonic:

Gonna try to format the SSD and then Reset the PS5 completely. If that doesn’t work then I’ll have to pray the warranty still covers this SSD.:beli:
SSDs usually have warranties on them for years if it's from a good company like Seagate or Western Digital.