Dubya B should embrace it's GOAT villains, break the mold, and do a JOKER focused movie....

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
your ass keeps getting sent to bolivia on the reg

how about you stay there b*tch

Says the dumbass who ethered himself by saying BvS and Suicide Squad would outgross Civil War and Doctor Strange. :mjlol:
Says the dumbass who was bragging about the gross for BvS. then when Civil War surpassed that in a week ducked the issue like a bytch. :mjlol:
Says the dumbass who said Jimmy Olsen was a minor character, proving you're a "DC stan" who doesn't know shyt about DC Comics. :mjlol:

How is the weather in Bolivia this time of year?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok buddy. :francis:

lol i like how you keep quoting the same line and it still keeps proving what you said as incorrect....providing an origin story in passing (which it took from another comic, something you keep ignoring) and being a movie dedicated to that like the thread starter asked are 2 different things....if the killing joke was an adaptation of the comic 'man under the red hood', then you'd be correct...but it's not, so you're not....

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's an integral part of the story. It's not provided "in passing." :snoop:

ok man, i'll break it down for you again: while they include an origin story, the killing joke is not a comic that is all about the joker's background like the thread starter asked....the story is more about batman, batgirl, and gordon than it is the joker's background/the joker himself....if the movie was an adaptation of the comic 'the man under the red hood' which is centered around the joker & his life (including before he became the joker), then you'd be correct.....but the killing joke is not an adaptation of that comic.....see the difference?

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
maybe if they take inspiration from the Lee Berejemo graphic novel and adapt elements on the screen. The script would have to be dope as fukk though.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
You're arguing semantics right now. :francis:

He's right breh. It's the difference between 'an' origin story and 'the' origin story. He has no name that we know of outside 'Joker' - they kind of paid homage to it. In Dark Knight with him changing the story of the scars.

But yeah - I think it would be counter productive to the character to give away his mystique.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's no need to do a joker origin movie breh. There's a batman movie that covers his origin very well...or the killing joke which does it in flashbacks...or the fact that the joker, canonically, doesn't have an origin and its hinted at in the dark knight when he keeps changing his background as to how he got the scars. He prefers his past be multiple choice

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
No. Mystery is one of the greatest things about Joker, an origin story would ruin that.

I would LOVE to see a rated r Joker movie though. I think that could be fukking amazing.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
the killing joke isnt a joker origin story....also, the comic with that name doesnt suck...the movie may not live up to the comic, but that's cause they werent thinking about a movie when they made it....there's not enough material there for a direct adaption, which they tried to do....

as for the thread topic: while i do want more villain focused movies, DC has more villains they can use than just the joker...everything doesnt have to be batman/joker related....
True hopefully WW is a hit so they will branch out more

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm inclined to agree based on my feelings about this book

Joker_graphic_novel_Cover.jpg

:wow::wow::wow:

The movie would never go this hard tho

Not in this bytch ass Hollywood we got now