Dreads are cool, but when I see a man with his dreads tied up on his head....

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Concerning the pix

I stopped twisting my roots regularly because I decided that the viewable scalp look wasn't what I wanted.

My sh1ts not visible now, full Bob Marley

:blessed:
Props!

i hate them highly maintained shyts with a passion :scust:
When i see them on women i dont care for them but especially on men...Makes me wanna yank their shyt off, deep down:pacspit:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Wales dreaded updo’s are legendary.

a6f03922c1c258be8b6ec653a8380161.jpg

They don’t look that bad to me. :manny:
Scalp still visible :gag:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Once dreads became more and more common in the U.S. mainstream it was a wrap for the culture.

Americans tend to be more into these super neat locks that get retwisted regularly which (to me) are absolutely disgusting. I shouldn't be able to see your fukking scalp. I personally prefer the natural/neglect method of locks.
Has nothing to do with American culture nikkas can't clock in to work with nappy ass freeform dreads or any ethnic hair style really or cacs will call it unprofessional. Crackas own and run this country it's not like in the west indians were Mr. John Jean-Pierre and others in the community run and set up their shops. I use to rock freeform dreads pretty common in florida but I don't see why people bytch about manicured dreads. I heard people say stupid shyt like manicured/parted dreads aren't real as if we as black people haven't been stylizing are hair for centuries and it can only be genuine if you let it mat.

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
Dudes be looking mad zesty and always have a greasy forehead:mjlol:

Today's fashion doesn't help either.
Then some nikkas DC accent make em sound gay...

You know what. I think these nikkas ARE gay:patrice:

Put it like this...

None of my nikkas with fathers wear updoos

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Has nothing to do with American culture nikkas can't clock in to work with nappy ass freeform dreads or any ethnic hair style really or cacs will call it unprofessional. Crackas own and run this country it's not like in the west indians were Mr. John Jean-Pierre and others in the community run and set up their shops. I use to rock freeform dreads pretty common in florida but I don't see why people bytch about manicured dreads. I heard people say stupid shyt like manicured/parted dreads aren't real as if we as black people haven't been stylizing are hard for centuries.
All dreads are frowned upon by whites from my experience.

I never had any issues getting jobs when i had mine but im sure some did. Worked for Sprint corporate when i had mines. But i hear you, tho. Getting them maintained and neat alleviates some of the stigma. I just cant stand seeing scalp and dreads on the same head together. Personally I used to wrap mines sometimes for work but that was only when i had to be in meeting with high-ups and didnt want my hair swinging all over the place (mines were very long to the point i could sit on them...ouch!)

I eventually cut them in 2008