Drake responds to Kendrick concert on his IG story, is he poppin out and showing nikkas?

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:yeshrug:To be fair it’s a good move Drake needs to embrace Toronto’s Djs, culture, sound, talent, etc.
You're right, it would be a good move to unify the city. Americans don't know but Toronto's rap scene is so divided and no one wants to see anyone succeed. Drake could take advantage of that for some good pr.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
You're right, it would be a good move to unify the city. Americans don't know but Toronto's rap scene is so divided and no one wants to see anyone succeed. Drake could take advantage of that for some good pr.
:ehh:I agree too late or not it would be a good move by Drake to embrace Toronto. The video below popped up in my feed months back. Made me realize that I don’t know shyt about Toronto’s scene, sound, or culture.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:ehh:I agree too late or not it would be a good move by Drake to embrace Toronto. The video below popped up in my feed months back. Made me realize that I don’t know shyt about Toronto’s scene, sound, or culture.

The Toronto sound is a bit confusing, strictly rap-wise from the 90s to early 2010s we were a mix of New York sound with our style. Anything after that is a mix of Chicago/Atlanta/London. However, when it comes to RnB we def have our distinct sound, weeknd, dvsn, safe, majid jordan, etc all played apart in that (rappers like Nav and 88glam kinda dipped into it sonically).

br82186

Superstar
Daps
too late

Drake never embraced the legacy of Toronto rap he tried to elevate the goofy drill dummies. most of them are not even relevant or alive anymore. who's he gonna pop out with dead nikkaz? locked up clowns?

baka and p reign? :mjlol:

he has had ample time to do a real cultural show that touches on Toronto legacy and acts. now it just looks contrived. if he had done it before it would have been shyt like weeknd, partynextdoor, majid jordan... basically all singers because that is where Toronto shines. singing and production NOT rap. i'm not tryna go see no somali rappers who learned toronto slang before the queen's english rap about nothing and neither is Toronto. All them goofy ggg's top 5 types.... 🤢🤮🤮🤮
If I was Drake, make amends with Kardinal Offical and work with him. Because whether you admit it or not he's the official sound of Toronto.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
He not dressing like Lesbians….

That’s the wave the current male youth culture all on.

Everyone born after 2002 gotta hold that L :mjgrin: :umad:
drake ain't a "youth"

no he's not dressing like lesbians in general

but he is dressing like yachty who has been pulling style inspiration from certain lesbian individuals who he keeps around HA

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If I was Drake, make amends with Kardinal Offical and work with him. Because whether you admit it or not he's the official sound of Toronto.
And that's why I said too late. 10+ years in. They are not on bad terms anymore but Drake never really paid homage to that crew. Kardi and Sauks on major level. He came into the game beefing with Kardi acting big headed. The city is mine song triggered their friction

Kardi was also close to the clipse and a fav of Pharell. Drake been crossing all the wrong people...

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
YG dresses better than this FAN :hhh:

:whoa:

Drake need to just chill with Social Media. Its summer, he needs another whoever do you love me type of hit. This not like us shyt gonna take over summer if he don't get an avengers team of writers to stop it. He's beige and the masses still love him, he can do it. Bit stop pretendin everything is good when it aint. Thats that Joo behavior

Idk, I'd be more concerned it he was moving different. He's always been big into social media, unless it's affecting his health/artistry idk why it's something to stop

If that sound wasn't working before Drake, why is it a good idea to bring it out? Honest question. It just seems like ATL has has been the capital and then there's Toronto on the back of one artist. This was your Peak Yankees/Peak Warriors moment for the past decade plus and no one stepped up. OVO has a lot of R&B acts, but it does seem like he's pulled almost the entire roster from Canada. Also the street politics of that city always seem to play a part whenever it seems like he's reaching out to artists in the city.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Can’t stand these Instagram posts posing like a female in a mirror :dead: he should’ve dropped a diss song yesterday if he felt a way.