Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sound like a keyboard warrior, but I would love to have executive produced this.. I actually think this shows some good sides of drake as an artist, but not always terms of song structure. There are some have some great moments sprinkled all around and nice music, some of it is a really nice listen musically then some songs that sound like 'generic drake' and it can confuses the listener, as some songs just sound literally like typical drake songs. You have to grab the attention of the listener and they shouldn't have to find the good moments. But the run of bad bunny, sexy red, and yachty is really good for the commercial side of things, and then you got other shades of drake all over here.. On polar opposite now and the production is actually really solid. I actually think artistically he is actually trying here. Sonically it is quite nice on the ears. Ideally he could reduce the tracklist, shuffle round songs, it could be a great listen but having to find the good moments amongst all of these 23 songs which aren't tight songs as they are, make it an enduring listen. IYRTITL, Nothing Was the Same were really tight albums with tight song structure, in an album like this, it could be easy to get lost. Interesting though and I do like it.

Last edited:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Gently
lebron-james-lebron-salsa.gif

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man that Drew A Picasso is up there with Jaded and Finesse off Scorpion classic self depreciating heartbreak Drake shyt.