Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So Drake's poetry book isn't actually poetry, it's just typical quotes you could find on a Facebook feed or a random Instagram page. Expected. Hardly anything poetic about his music either.

The nikka don’t write his own raps what in the WORLD made you think he was capable of actually writing poetry?!!?!

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The nikka don’t write his own raps what in the WORLD made you think he was capable of actually writing poetry?!!?!

I NEVER said he was capable of writing poetry. Look at my post, I even said there was nothing poetic about his music. Even with writers, which I never teipped off of because there was nothing mind blowing lyrically about Drake aside from a line here and there. That's basically what this book is. There
are published writers that expected poetry and not what this is. I don't get the outrage or the clowning over someone saying they expected poetry from a poetry book.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, writing poetry and writing rhymes aren't mutually interchangeable. There's rappers who can rap, but couldn't write poetry if their life depended on it. There's poets who couldn't write a 16 if their life depended on it. As someone who has written BOTH, I can attest to that. There's some people who are GREAT at BOTH i.e. Nas and Pac.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Also, writing poetry and writing rhymes aren't mutually interchangeable. There's rappers who can rap, but couldn't write poetry if their life depended on it. There's poets who couldn't write a 16 if their life depended on it. As someone who has written BOTH, I can attest to that. There's some people who are GREAT at BOTH i.e. Nas and Pac.
STFU

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We got award winning poets echoing the same sentiments I had towards the book and people making comments like:

"Who expected a Drake poetry book to be Angelou or 2Pac levels" and "well, he doesn't write his rhymes, how would you expect him to write poetry". Maybe there's a reason, someone could drop a "poetry" book filled with Instagram and Facebook posts: people having trouble comprehending anything > 140 characters.