Reppin
D
:unimpressed:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
When he strayed away from being sensitive/moist and trying roughing up his image.
That was around NWTS era lol.

To me it was Scorpion and what sealed the deal was when he tried to do an electric music album. He started to believe his own magic trick, never believe your own magic trick.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
That was around NWTS era lol.

To me it was Scorpion and what sealed the deal was when he tried to do an electric music album. He started to believe his own magic trick, never believe your own magic trick.

Well, I'd say Headlines and Worst Behavior started the path but he really was starting to get into that phase around Views probably.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Well, I'd say Headlines and Worst Behavior started the path but he really was starting to get into that phase around Views probably.
True he started that on headlines and went full force around NWTS, especially with worst behavior. Then he went further that route with If you're reading this and WATTBA.

Views didn't really seem like him gangster to me, maybe on the song and features he dropped to hype it up but when I listen to that project I hear a tired Drake. Like you could tell he was just exhausted and needed to drop something but he was jaded with rap and the industry. He had nothing to prove and seemed to be over "the life". With that said many people hate that album and probably can't relate to it but I actually think it's dope.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Old Drake was :whew:

Side note when do y'all think he fell off?

he was cooked by more life for me. if youre reading this was fire, but the reference tracks took MAJOR admiration for the project from me. views was certified trash to me, although one dance, work & controlla made that summer if you were outside :wow:. dude has been eminem status when it comes to albums for me since views (excluding her loss).

2008-2013 drake though :wow:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What about IYRTITL?

I agree though since 2015 most of his albums only have a couple songs with that original Drake type sound
I never listened in full but Jungle was fire. And You and the 6th.

I never liked energy 10 bands know yourself etc. I swear I could tell those weren’t Drake songs when I first heard them and then he got exposed lol

But a lot of people say this one of his best albums, and I won’t debate that because I never listened to the full thing.