Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PC, Switch, PS4)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
first one was one of my favorite games. hopefully the sequel improves on that

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS4 have more great game

giphy.gif

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Got the first one for my GF on switch just to give her something to play, she fukk around and put in 180 hours on it, taking away from my Smash time:gucci:

Copping it for her on PS4 this time around, so the switch finna be alllll mine when Fire Emblem comes out:shaq:

New features look nice tho:ehh:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
https://kotaku.com/1836279282

• Whereas in Dragon Quest Builders you had to worry about your hammers and swords disintegrating over time, in this one, you don’t even have to give them a second thought. Your hammer is assigned to a button, your sword is assigned to a button, and that’s the end of it.
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 also introduces some new tools to make building more convenient, like a jug of endless water (for making pools and rivers) and a pair of gloves that lets you move blocks around manually without having to destroy and collect them first.
  • Another example of the little improvements that really help Dragon Quest Builders 2: When you’ve got a quest or blueprint that requires you to make specific items, those items will now be highlighted when you open up your crafting station. Instead of just having to memorize the items you need to craft for, say, a small bedroom, you can now get a quick refresher in the crafting menu. Anyone who’s played the first game will understand how nice this is.
  • You can make multiple items at once. Game-changing.
  • In the first game, you’d level up each island’s village by building rooms and sticking decorations to rack up city points. Gain enough points and you’d gain a level, allowing the village to expand and thrive. In Dragon Quest Builders 2, you level up by collecting the little hearts your townspeople drop after you do them favors and build them conveniences. It’s far more flexible and satisfying, rewarding you more regularly than the last game’s rigid points system.
  • There’s multiplayer! I haven’t tried it yet, but hey, multiplayer!
  • You can get a glider, Breath of the Wild-style, to fly across long distances and land safely from great heights without taking any damage.
  • There’s fast travel this time around, too. Each island has a number of points to which you can painlessly zoom with the single press of a button.
  • You can carry a basically unlimited number of items in your bag, which is very, very nice.
  • In addition to the main islands, there are a handful of tiny areas with procedurally generated maps and goals that you can use to get new stuff to upgrade your home base, in case you were worried about running out of things to do.
  • Under the right conditions, when you set down a construction blueprint, instead of having to place down every block yourself, your villagers will actually do it all for you, allowing you to play Construction Boss as your minions follow your every whim. Hope they don’t unionize!