Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i didn't save those weirdos til my third playthrough :mjlol:

Going through some loyalty quests in my playthrough and I'm up to the part where Iron Bull intros his crew. An easter egg I feel retarded for not noticing all these years was that whoever wrote the Bull's Chargers might have been a fan of Joe Abercrombie's The First Law books. :wow: Bull's Chargers Grim character has to be inspired by TFL's Harding Grim, name similiarity, both of them barely talk usually responding in grunts, and have a shrouded past. Iron Bull says his Grim might be a lost prince and even the fan speculation for Harding Grim's past are also that he might be an exiled noble.

I might be reaching with this one but even the names for the Bull's Chargers mercs reminds me of the nicknaming style the North Men warriors get for their achievements or personality traits.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For the people that have flipped and on board, now, what changed for you?

I kinda forgot the game after the lackluster reveal.

That 13 min overview looks okay. Nothing to get me excited, though.

Im honestly just looking for excuses to want it :pachaha:

I want a good rpg to play this winter

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
dragon-age-2-qunari-vs-dragon-age-veilguard-qunari-v0-oj8leug7lymd1.png
Qunari don't look right in this. Arishok design was so good in DA2. Definite downgrade
1731943-untitled.jpg

Yea it's a bad creative choice. Comes across like they forgot to render the upper half of the forehead; there should be wrinkles and grooves, and a more defined sprouting point for the horns.

It's odd, because the other characters seem to be pretty well designed and rendered.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Have you played any of the other games in the series?
From what we’ve seen, Veilguard loosely reminds me of FF7:R gameplay but ofc with DA:Inquisition abilities and flavor. Which to me is fine. I didn’t love Rebirth but mostly bc of the excessive crap outside of combat.

Really, after all the videos, you either rock with the new direction or you don’t, but no one gon plead with mf’ers to like a style they inherently don’t want to like lol. Now, if reviews come out that the game is a buggy technical mess with shyt characters, laggy controls, etc., then that's something else.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I see the “anti-woke brigade has lashed on to this, citing the poor preorder figures as being because of sweet baby inc.:comeon:

How about the fact that BioWare hasn’t had a hit since 2014 and that might have eroded gamers overall faith in the company. And personally I feel they haven’t shown anything that will reassure people on the fence. Sad and shocking for such a huge company but this game if good might be a sleeper hit( critically acclaimed but undersells and is one of those games people talk about years later being underrated and not giving a chance). If the game is good then it’s a start for BioWare to start rebuilding their rep with the gaming community at large.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I see the “anti-woke brigade has lashed on to this, citing the poor preorder figures as being because of sweet baby inc.:comeon:

How about the fact that BioWare hasn’t had a hit since 2014 and that might have eroded gamers overall faith in the company. And personally I feel they haven’t shown anything that will reassure people on the fence. Sad and shocking for such a huge company but this game if good might be a sleeper hit( critically acclaimed but undersells and is one of those games people talk about years later being underrated and not giving a chance). If the game is good then it’s a start for BioWare to start rebuilding their rep with the gaming community at large.

So exhausted by the cac brigading at this point, how you doomin the game a month before it even comes out just cause it has some black and asian people in it

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
So exhausted by the cac brigading at this point, how you doomin the game a month before it even comes out just cause it has some black and asian people in it
They are just pieces of shyt, they simply don’t want any black people in games. Not to mention all the time that we have had to play as cacs for years on end. I am praying Assassin Creed breaks records and is hailed as the best Assassin Creed game ever made just as a great big fukk you to these demons.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We should be getting A LOT of new information in a few hours. Bioware let over a hundred journalists and content creators play act one of the game a couple weeks ago. The review embargo lifts today.

i think you mean preview embargo, they’re all gonna say its amazing lol

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I forgot this game existed lol
And it's supposed to be coming out next month? There's a lot less hype surrounding this than expected