Dr. Umar Johnson - School Fund Raising Campaign

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No school will ever come to fruition.

If he were truly serious about buying a school, Morris Brown would have been a better target. Could have raised that money from folks around ATL with some targeted fundraising.

This guy is a hustler. I've listened to a few of his lectures. Just a bunch of stuff recycled from elders such as Bobby Wright, Amos Wilson, etc.

It's crazy how these new-age hustlers have monetized the traveling lecture game. Smh.

I would put Tariq Nasheed in that same boat but the coli worships him.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

If he were truly serious about buying a school, Morris Brown would have been a better target. Could have raised that money from folks around ATL with some targeted fundraising.

This guy is a hustler. I've listened to a few of his lectures. Just a bunch of stuff recycled from elders such as Bobby Wright, Amos Wilson, etc.

It's crazy how these new-age hustlers have monetized the traveling lecture game. Smh.
Morris Brown sold their land to the Atlanta Falcons for millions. Umar never had near the.money to dream about that one. Someone said he is trying to do something in Africa.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Morris Brown sold their land to the Atlanta Falcons for millions. Umar never had near the.money to dream about that one. Someone said he is trying to do something in Africa.

That land sat there for a good bit. He didn't need to come up with the money on his own.

If he truly has a solid plan for an educational institution, he could have simply tapped into the ATL network of connected Black folks.

Now, he wants to do something in Africa? He didn't even make it happen in the US!

You can only call yourself the Prince of Pan-Africanism if you're actually building institutions for Black people.

Prince of Pan-Africanism! That breh is really calling himself that! :mjlol:

Listen to this dude, brehs.

Last edited:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
:russ: @ grouping Tariq w/ this guy.

Tariq has done plenty ....omg he makes money from his DVDs....so do tons of other people but Tariq has put his money towards helping black folks on the local level.

A nikka make a living and yall crabs cry foul :francis:....Umar making a living but literally hasn't done one damn thing for black folks except a janky college tour and tricking on strippers :manny:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
:russ: @ grouping Tariq w/ this guy.

Tariq has done plenty ....omg he makes money from his DVDs....so do tons of other people but Tariq has put his money towards helping black folks on the local level.

A nikka make a living and yall crabs cry foul :francis:....Umar making a living but literally hasn't done one damn thing for black folks except a janky college tour and tricking on strippers :manny:

Tariq Nasheed has just found a way to monetize the thoughts and research of many of our elders who died comparatively broke or living in obscurity.

People like Chancellor Williams, John Jackson, Amos Wilson, Bobby Wright, John Henrik Clarke and many more.

I've seen where Tariq has cut $100 or $200 checks for different causes. But, that is tiny compared to the cash he's hauling in from the lecture tours, DVDs, selling ad space, etc.

These guys all have a nice little hustle. Can't fault them for that. But, let's make sure we call it what it is: a hustle.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I support Umar but the bolded is true.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crabs in a fukking barrel over here Starting with Umar.

Now a nikka said he's seen Tariq "cut a check.....but"

:stopitslime:

How you even compare the 2 is beyond me.

Tariq takes care of his kids and his wifey - Umar aint seen his kids and is at war with baby moms

Tariq says we're raising funds for this, project is completed and a detailed accounting of whats going on with the funds is given then the actual project is released and open some eyes who have never had that knowledge before. - Umar been taking y'alls money for damn near 6 years now. Has he given a dime to help anyone else/ Oh I forgot he charges $50 for a phone call to listen to what problems your kids are having in school b4 he tells you to keep coming to his lectures and giving him money for "His School" which he could have easily started for 100k somewhere................There are home schools who aren't working with a half million dollars.

:mjlol:

shyt is comical man. Especially when you listen to Umar say he's the top dog and these other dudes need to come for the throne.

Does this sound like someone interested in helping others and coming together with like minds to make something happen?

Every time he talks it's about the problems. The solution seems to be giving him your money. And if you don't keep giving blindly "you some trifling, lazy negroes" (his words not mine)