Dr. Dre once ghosted a studio full of his kinfolk cause he saw them dancing and getting down to a flavor of the month song

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Wait, whats the story? Frustrated about the things he mentions in The Way I Am or something else?
The label wanted him to write another Hi My Name Is

such songs are not his natural cup of tea but many labels, and Interscope specifically, demand that artists essentially have follow ups to their successful lines of singles

Even for 2001, Jimmy wanted something like Still Dre to follow up the success of The Chronic singles

for 2Pac - Temptations to How Do U Want It to Toss It Up. Toss It Up was from earlier that summer and not from the Makaveli sessions. Tupac was a machine in this regard. This requirement was no issue for him

for 50 Cent this was Magic Stick, Candy Shop, Amusement Park

he could never recreate the success of In Da Club though - which is basically like Secretariat not being able to reproduce himself. Such successes are like a once in every hundred year basis

for Eminem they wanted another Hi My Name Is

which led to Real Slim
Shady, which led to Without Me, Just Lose It, We Made You all the way back Be - he finally cut the cord and started doing Not Afraid and the Rihanna songs

Not Afraid was followed up too but I forgot the name of the song, it wasn’t as successful so they let it go and made him go back to Bezerk and this newest one

the song Way I Am was inspired by his frustration with this demand. after he got that off his chest the very next song was Real Slim Shady but they brought in major help from Tommy Costner, who practically delivered most of the song with a few Eminem touches

This song was inspired by the same frustration that led to Way I Am - label trying to present the artist the way they know how to market the artist. This is where the music business creeps into the music

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The label wanted him to write another Hi My Name Is

such songs are not his natural cup of tea but many labels, and Interscope specifically, demand that artists essentially have follow ups to their successful lines of singles

Even for 2001, Jimmy wanted something like Still Dre to follow up the success of The Chronic singles

for 2Pac - Temptations to How Do U Want It to Toss It Up. Toss It Up was from earlier that summer and not from the Makaveli sessions. Tupac was a machine in this regard. This requirement was no issue for him

for 50 Cent this was Magic Stick, Candy Shop, Amusement Park

he could never recreate the success of In Da Club though - which is basically like Secretariat not being able to reproduce himself. Such successes are like a once in every hundred year basis

for Eminem they wanted another Hi My Name Is

which led to Real Slim
Shady, which led to Without Me, Just Lose It, We Made You all the way back Be - he finally cut the cord and started doing Not Afraid and the Rihanna songs

Not Afraid was followed up too but I forgot the name of the song, it wasn’t as successful so they let it go and made him go back to Bezerk and this newest one

the song Way I Am was inspired by his frustration with this demand. after he got that off his chest the very next song was Real Slim Shady but they brought in major help from Tommy Costner, who practically delivered most of the song with a few Eminem touches

This song was inspired by the same frustration that led to Way I Am - label trying to present the artist the way they know how to market the artist. This is where the music business creeps into the music

Correction on fiddy never recreating indaclub.

Fiddy did to much in the single release schedule to his third album massacre and second album on aftermath. By being over zealous and releasing disco inferno and the rnb feature record. Instead of the higher quality followup.

outta control produced by Dre.
as the lead single on the second aftermath album. That then regulated him from a Dre diamond sales potential artist. Into only at best a rnb feature single sales potential artist. That only typically sells at height maybe five million. So fiddy being to overzealous on the second aftermath album ruined his sales projection. By not following up indaclub with outta control.
as the lead single on the second after math record, massacre.

As outta control was way better than indaclub artistically.
That fiddy should never have put disconnect inferno and the Olivia feature record.
as the lead singles on the second aftermath lp.
That is why fiddy failed in sales.
on the second album.

You never go away from the lead Dre single as the formula.

Never should have not put this out first on the second aftermath lp.

Art Barr

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
he saw them dancing and getting down to a flavor of the month radio rap song. not sure if it was “Pop Lock n Drop It“ or “Laffy Taffy”, all that stuff is the same to me. He asked one person "you like this?" and then disappeared.

I don't blame Dre one bit. If I was in his shoes and I heard that shyt playing I'd have done the same thing.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Correction on fiddy never recreating indaclub.

Fiddy did to much in the single release schedule to his third album massacre and second album on aftermath. By being over zealous and releasing disco inferno and the rnb feature record. Instead of the higher quality followup.

outta control produced by Dre.
as the lead single on the second aftermath album. That then regulated him from a Dre diamond sales potential artist. Into only at best a rnb feature single sales potential artist. That only typically sells at height maybe five million. So fiddy being to overzealous on the second aftermath album ruined his sales projection. By not following up indaclub with outta control.
as the lead single on the second after math record, massacre.

As outta control was way better than indaclub artistically.
That fiddy should never have put disconnect inferno and the Olivia feature record.
as the lead singles on the second aftermath lp.
That is why fiddy failed in sales.
on the second album.

You never go away from the lead Dre single as the formula.

Never should have not put this out first on the second aftermath lp.

Art Barr

The clarity within Art Barr’s observations relayed here are profound

this is may be why Jimmy was willing to cut his losses as 50 became less of a valuable asset in upholding Dr. Dre’s platform :ohhh: