Dr. Dre once ghosted a studio full of his kinfolk cause he saw them dancing and getting down to a flavor of the month song

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
he saw them dancing and getting down to a flavor of the month radio rap song. not sure if it was “Pop Lock n Drop It“ or “Laffy Taffy”, all that stuff is the same to me. He asked one person "you like this?" and then disappeared

I can only imagine how disrespected and slighted a perfectionist like Dr. Dre would feel about people playing that garbage in his workplace

some aspect of Dr. Dre's brand is tied to gangsta rap. So he can't be fond of an era where soft or bubblegum rappers are on top - but also, he is somewhat trapped in this typecast as musically I believe he would rather be making funk, blues and a classy rendition of soulful R&B. I believe he has a lot of work in the vault that would be unfamiliar stylistically to his fan base (likely a contingency plan to keep Jimmy from cashing in on his life insurance policy), that part is just my speculation but the first portion of this post is a story that came from a book titled 'Rollin With Dre' which was written by his assistant Bruce. It's an insightful inside look at a genius. I share the same birthday as Dr. Dre and I attended the Up In Smoke Tour at 8 years old so l admired him for a long time. I could be wrong about this but if I'm right he could perhaps consider releasing music as Andre Young

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he saw them dancing and getting down to a flavor of the month radio rap song. not sure if it was “Pop Lock n Drop It“ or “Laffy Taffy”, all that stuff is the same to me. He asked one person "you like this?" and then disappeared

I can only imagine how disrespected and slighted a perfectionist like Dr. Dre would feel about people playing that garbage in his workplace

some aspect of Dr. Dre's brand is tied to gangsta rap. So he can't be fond of an era where soft or bubblegum rappers are on top - but also, he is somewhat trapped in this typecast as musically I believe he would rather be making funk, blues and a classy rendition of soulful R&B. I believe he has a lot of work in the vault that would be unfamiliar stylistically to his fan base (likely a contingency plan to keep Jimmy from cashing in on his life insurance policy), that part is just my speculation but the first portion of this post is a story that came from a book titled 'Rollin With Dre' which was written by his assistant Bruce. It's an insightful inside look at a genius. I share the same birthday as Dr. Dre and I attended the Up In Smoke Tour at 8 years old so l admired him for a long time. I could be wrong about this but if I'm right he could perhaps consider releasing music as Andre Young
Dude was looking for any reason not to release some shyt.

He would've did the same if they were drinking Diet Coke and not Coke Zero.

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
As a person who's serious and passionate about music - whether it's listening or creating - I understand how sometimes you hear a simpleton ass track and are astonished how anyone (let alone the masses) could enjoy such derivative low hanging fruit. But you gotta understand, most people don't take music as seriously as you do. They're consumed/pre-occupied with their own lives and all the turmoil therein. They need escapes and sometimes silly, fun little songs that appear to be made in 20 minutes are just what the doctor ordered (no pun) for a respite from tribulation.

That said, I have to remind myself this all the time. Sometimes I wish I could just shut my critical brain off and just enjoy some dumb some with a mumble rapper doing that melodic nonsense over four piano keys and some trap drums and 808. I've really tried to listen and enjoy these types of tracks, but it's not supposed to be this hard to like something, right?

Ultimately, I just resign to the fact that these types of songs ain't for me and I keep it pushin'.