Downsizing (Sci-fi comedy starring Matt Damon and Christoph Waltz)(Trailer)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'll definitely see this, barring any sort of terrible reception and reviews, I didn't see Payne's last one, "Nebraska", but I've seen his previous two, and there are very good, for that lane.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
from the commericial it's getting rave reviews. Not convinced but we'll see.

Daps
I'm watching this now, and here's a spoiler

Yo, this is the ultimate GMB ever, and I'm not even GMB. Matt Damon is married to Kristen Weig, and they decide to do the PERMANENT downsizing. Breh goes through the entire procedure including getting all his body hair shaved off. He wakes up small, gets a phone call at the hospital, and it's his wife. She chickened out after getting her head shaved, and one eyebrow, and didn't go through with it.
He's like :merchant:

She's at the airport ready to go home. So now he's stuck with this big ass mansion as a small person, and a year later, he gets the divorce papers, which are regular size, and he has to stand on them, to sign them, which rubs it in even more. :laff:

They also had an area through a tunnel full of latinos and asians who were a permanent underclass living in the equivalent of the projects with no healthcare. They rode a bus into town to do cleaning services.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I haven't seen a second/third act cripple a movie like this in sometime.....I mean, it's near incredible in how bad the last 60 some minutes were.

A deeply offensive Vietnamese character

A horribly played sex scene/kiss, I wanted to scream CONSENT

Extremely stupid and cliched speech by horribly caricatured Vietnamese character "I'm just a woman"

Basically, a decent middle class white guy discovered he's a slightly above decent guy, and is going to pass out takeout food to the underclasses for awhile.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I haven't seen a second/third act cripple a movie like this in sometime.....I mean, it's near incredible in how bad the last 60 some minutes were.

A deeply offensive Vietnamese character

A horribly played sex scene/kiss, I wanted to scream CONSENT

Extremely stupid and cliched speech by horribly caricatured Vietnamese character "I'm just a woman"

Basically, a decent middle class white guy discovered he's a slightly above decent guy, and is going to pass out takeout food to the underclasses for awhile.

yeah half way the movie just went :huhldup:

and when she broke down the different types of fukks was :comeon: ...and how they ended up fukking was :gucci:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
If it were ever more apparent that white men in their late 50's wrote the script, I can't recall a recent time. Some great concepts, satire, social commentary, brilliant casting, and just an unforgivably bad last hour or so.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Damn i was hoping this would be better. Yall saying it was garbage. :snoop: Hate when a trailer pulls me in. i was gone try to catch it tomorrow morning.