I really don't get the appeal of it

Its good but not goty

Feels like I'm left out of a inside joke or something

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Doom is the only game in recent memory that I downloaded the cracked (bypassed) PC version but still ended up actually buying the game for PS4. Idk why, but I did

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's arguable, it's actually kind of crazy how much this game has been slept on.
By who?
Doom is in damn near every single GOTY list for 2016.
It might not be talked about much on here but that's cause the multi-player is well behind pretty much every other FPS

You also have to remember that everything prior to release indicated that this game was gonna be shyt. It took, I believe, 8 years to develop, the multi-player beta was not well received and there were no review copies sent out. The only glimmer of hope was that the Bethesda Wolfenstein reboot a few years ago was very good so this could be too

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hated it on PS4(demo and beta) but after playing it with a mouse/keyboard, shyt is :ahh::ahh:. I can actually play Titanfall 2 with a pad on PC but that doom is boarding on unplayable for me. Fast paced shooters on a pad without ADS w/ aim assist (ala CoD) is fukking:scust:
I feel you. I played Overwatch first on PC and I couldn't imagine it on a controller. I'm not one of those PC elitists but certain FPS feel weird without a KB/M.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
It was a great challenging game. I just couldn’t stand the level design with all the jumping and hopping around like Mario. I wanted a FPS not a platform game. I’ll pick up Doom Eternal soon.