Don't mean to brag, but PS Plus been good to a nikka

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I agree :hubie:

If I can criticize Xbots I can criticize myself

I've also noticed that I'm sitting on a mountain of free piff but since I paid nothing for it I feel no sense of personal investment in any of these games and I oddly wish I had bought them one at a time and forced myself to play through them to recover my $60

Strange

Thats the same way i feel about plus games or the collection. I just end up not giving a fukk about them after adding them to my library. Like, i think they’re a nice addition to the service but I’m already kind of homed in on the games i want to play and when they release i pick them up

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Thats the same way i feel about plus games or the collection. I just end up not giving a fukk about them after adding them to my library. Like, i think they’re a nice addition to the service but I’m already kind of homed in on the games i want to play and when they release i pick them up
Interpassivity - Wikipedia

An example of interpassivity, given by Žižek, in his book How To Read Lacan, uses the VCR to illustrate the concept. The VCR records a movie (presumably to be watched later). However, Žižek argues that since the VCR can record, people who own them watch fewer movies because they can record them and have them on hand. The VCR does the watching of the movie so the owner of the VCR can be free not to watch the movie. Žižek uses the VCR to demonstrate the big other's role in interpassivity. The VCR, like canned laughter in a show, functions as a tool interacting with itself so the viewer can not watch the show.

This is what I'm experiencing

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I agree :hubie:

If I can criticize Xbots I can criticize myself

I've also noticed that I'm sitting on a mountain of free piff but since I paid nothing for it I feel no sense of personal investment in any of these games and I oddly wish I had bought them one at a time and forced myself to play through them to recover my $60

Strange

That's me. I'm not the backlog kinda guy but in reality there's years worth of games I haven't played that I got for less than $10 or "free" through ps plus. I should never have a dry season :dead:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
This is the first PS plus thread I've read on here.
Mind you I only visit this section every now and then. I always thought that Sony stans were ashamed of it considering how little they talk of it.
:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You aren’t getting most gems on PS Plus day one. If Forbidden West was a PS Plus game day one I doubt it would get this reception. Once a game gets old and you initially passed on it the odds of ever playing it are far less. The psychology of playing games ingrained in gamers by the publishers is day one hyped product purchases. Once you make it past that cycle it gets easy to not play them. It’s also why the price of some of these games falls so fast.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wait…so sony stans started hyping up PS plus then when they saw the direction the thread was going decided to turn around and downplay it??? :mjlol:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
wait…so sony stans started hyping up PS plus then when they saw the direction the thread was going decided to turn around and downplay it??? :mjlol:
What the fukk are you nikkas talking about?

PS Plus is not analogous to Game Pass

I buy PS Plus to play online. The games I incidentally accrue are just bonuses. And if we're going down this road I'll even say that the free games I've received via PS Plus shyt all over Game Pass

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the fukk are you nikkas talking about?

PS Plus is not analogous to Game Pass

I buy PS Plus to play online. The games I incidentally accrue are just bonuses. And if we're going down this road I'll even say that the free games I've received via PS Plus shyt all over Game Pass

I didn’t say a damn thing about game pass lmaooo

what I said was pretty clear

thread started off as you listing all the “PS plus games feeding me” to you co-signing not giving a fukk about the games once you add them to your library :mjlol:

CB0-CBA44-F8-AF-47-FA-95-B7-609-AD196-D1-EE.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t say a damn thing about game pass lmaooo

what I said was pretty clear

thread started off as you listing all the “PS plus games feeding me” to you co-signing not giving a fukk about the games once you add them to your library :mjlol:

CB0-CBA44-F8-AF-47-FA-95-B7-609-AD196-D1-EE.jpg

I think the point of the thread was highlighting the fact that you just tend to value games less when they’re “free”. But of course the gamepass circle jerk couldn’t wait to hop on and start making comparisons to their rental service.

I feel the same way, when you look at ps plus from a distance, and look at all the games we’ve gotten over the past year it looks incredible. When you actually think about how much of the games you play from it, it starts to make sense why it’s not talked about more.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the point of the thread was highlighting the fact that you just tend to value games less when they’re “free”.

I think you’re full of shyt bcuz the thread is titled “Don't mean to brag, but PS Plus been good to a nikka”…what you said is not how the thread started off at all nor was that the initial point lmaooo

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think you’re full of shyt bcuz the thread is titled “Don't mean to brag, but PS Plus been good to a nikka”…it’s not how the thread started off at all nor was that the initial point lmaooo

I’ve always maintained that ps plus games always feel like a bonus to me. I don’t wait around on them every month, but I’ve said in the past that objectively speaking the games it offers are good. If you’re patient enough you could have had damn near every PlayStation exclusive through the service since 2017.

This is how I personally feel, let me not speak for OP or anyone else

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve always maintained that ps plus games always feel like a bonus to me. I don’t wait around on them every month, but I’ve said in the past that objectively speaking the games it offers are good. If you’re patient enough you could have had damn near every PlayStation exclusive through the service since 2017.

This is how I personally feel, let me not speak for OP or anyone else

I’m just laughing how the tone of the thread shifted once cats pointed out PS plus is not entirely dissimilar from game pass/xbox gold…all of a sudden it became fukk them games lmaooo

btw PS plus and game pass are both dope…I’m maxed out til 2024 on both for good reason :yeshrug:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I’m just laughing how the tone of the thread shifted once cats pointed out PS plus is not entirely dissimilar from game pass/xbox gold…all of a sudden it became fukk them games lmaooo

btw PS plus and game pass are both dope…I’m maxed out til 2024 on both for good reason :yeshrug:
You entirely misinterpreted the OP. Xbots showing their ass once again. Nowhere in the OP did I mention Xbox or Game Pass or Phil Spencer. I simply listed the games I got free which I actually ended up playing. There are dozens more which I haven't. Xbox users are so goddamn insecure, man.